Getting the health message through to the masses will be so difficult
(03-22-2020, 05:53 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Thankfully I was told not to play footie on a motorway by a serious bloke. Luckily I was also informed that I wouldn't be able to fly if I jumped off a tower block. Because it's a sappy politician giving me life saving advice I'm gonna ignore him. I don't think so. If you're a moron you're a fucking moron.

New case's of morons are rising quicker than the virus itself me thinks.
(03-22-2020, 05:55 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 05:53 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Thankfully I was told not to play footie on a motorway by a serious bloke. Luckily I was also informed that I wouldn't be able to fly if I jumped off a tower block. Because it's a sappy politician giving me life saving advice I'm gonna ignore him. I don't think so. If you're a moron you're a fucking moron.

New case's of morons are rising quicker than the virus itself me thinks.

They're all fucking specimens for sure
(03-22-2020, 04:41 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: It's easy to come out with rash generalisations about thick chavs, selfishness, etc, etc, which we've all seen and heard of in recent days, but getting the message through to the masses, regardless of their social-economic and moral fibre, will be extremely difficult, as my wife just found out.
Her dad is 81, high blood pressure, has medication following a stroke. Her mum is 89, with dementia, yet my wife just popped round to post a mothers day card and give chocs. There's her dad sitting in his mobile caravan with his mechanic mate, who he got over to help him with some mechanical issue that is far from urgent.
Her dad is, on the whole, quite bright, but he just hasn't got it. His wife would stand no chance if she gets it, I wouldn't fancy his chances either.
This is going to prove to be a hell of a task clearing the world of this, but the advice has to be clearer and Boris isn't cutting it and just sounds too jolly for my liking. He hasn't statesmanlike gravitas. 
I expect thousands to be dying each week before long, so we need complete lock down now.

Couple over the road are a lovely couple in their 70s, but foolishly like every Sunday they seem to have the entire family round, he has only recently beat some form of Cancer.
(03-22-2020, 05:51 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I went out walking today in the countryside as I have done for the last 4 years.  I was shocked today as there were more people out walking today than I’d ever seen before and I’d never seen any of them before.  So much for social distancing.  I decided to cut my walk short and go home.

So it’s alright for you to go on a walk, but nobody else.

How dare they? Absolute bastards.
(03-22-2020, 05:50 PM)MassDebater Wrote: I'll be honest, when it first broke I didn't think much of it... As it's grown and information around it has changed I am treating it far more seriously than I was. My main concern as many others, it's not about me, it's about those who will stand a 50/50 chance of dying (at best) if they get it.

Sadly a lot of the younger generation think the World revolves around only them, and can't see past that. It's probably our own faults for them getting pretty much everything they asked for. Maybe attitudes might change after this and we might start thinking about others again....

This has nothing to do with the younger generation, ORB conducted a poll on changing attitudes between the 18th and 20th and the and the problem age groups are the only age group doing more than the 25-34 year olds are the people aged 65 and over. The people ignoring the majority of the advice are the 35-44 age group with the 55-64 age group the ones most ignoring social isolation.

Link to the poll.
people are being asked to implement huge day to day changes.

most are adhering the best they can.

for all the ones having one last one on friday there were millions who were not.

think people are struggling as well as they cant "see" the danger.

im guessing as well that next to no one actually knows anyone who has had a confirmed case.
(03-22-2020, 06:01 PM)Dumbo Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 05:51 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: I went out walking today in the countryside as I have done for the last 4 years.  I was shocked today as there were more people out walking today than I’d ever seen before and I’d never seen any of them before.  So much for social distancing.  I decided to cut my walk short and go home.

We are being told it's good to go out and get fresh air, in any case sitting at home all day will slow down your immune system which is not ideal. It's just any kind of gathering we shouldn't be doing. Out of my window I can't see a soul so if I was go for a breif walk I can't see an issue.
(03-22-2020, 06:18 PM)foreveralbion Wrote: people are being asked to implement huge day to day changes.

most are adhering the best they can.

for all the ones having one last one on friday there were millions who were not.

think people are struggling as well as they cant "see" the danger.

im guessing as well that next to no one actually knows anyone who has had a confirmed case.

My sister has 3 neighbours who are confirmed cases (they work for the NHS and were tested)
(03-22-2020, 06:22 PM)HomersBelly Wrote:
(03-22-2020, 06:01 PM)Dumbo Wrote:

We are being told it's good to go out and get fresh air, in any case sitting at home all day will slow down your immune system which is not ideal. It's just any kind of gathering we shouldn't be doing. Out of my window I can't see a soul so if I was go for a breif walk I can't see an issue.

We went for a walk today in the woods by our house, while abiding by the 2 metre guideline advised by the experts. I'm going to continue to do that as long as the advice remains that this is acceptable.
The taking a walk thing isn't bad per se, as long as you follow the guidelines... It's when people go out and treat it like a Bank Holiday. I've seen photos of thousands of people gathered at the seaside or at Snowdonia, they are the twats.