Ferguson again
(02-09-2020, 12:30 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 12:20 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: How about all of the players in the 70's being pumped full of cortisone to get through games?

Correct, but that was in the 70s.  Were the clubs and players actually aware of the long term consequences?

This is a live current case with £10m+ at stake. More like £20m with 5 years of a wage contract built in.

Where there's blame, there's a claim, Prag.

This injury isn't career threatening, and I'm sure we will be "lawyered up" if we need to be. I would be amazed if decisions were made on this, without us understanding the implications. When dealing with assets of this value, Medical Negligence Insurance will come into play.
(02-09-2020, 12:12 PM)Peachy Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 12:03 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 11:55 AM)fbaggy Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 11:29 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 04:53 AM)Remi_Moses Wrote: The knee issue is a smoke screen, NF had an opportunity and still has to sign a new contract. This would give him a £19k a week pay increase - that gives him an annual salary of £1,040,000. That would I guess make NF the highest paid 19 year old in the championship. He has decided that this is not enough money. His desire to sign for a big club was shown to be nothing more then an excuse for more money. IMO Cry Pal are no bigger than WBA. That leaves us with the view that Palace are a PL side. If NF stayed and joined in with our promotional push we could also be in the PL next season. 
The only answer is he has become disenchanted with WBA and wants to play elsewhere or he simply wants more money then we are offering? And he will sign for "anyone" prepared to pay more.
Pure and Simply put, personal selfish GREED comes before WBA.
Goodbye and good luck NF (Judas)

The irony is that Palace could well be relegated and his wages there next season would probably be chopped in half.

There is no doubt that greed played a huge part in his unwillingness to sign a new contract.  However, after the deal broke down its possible that he might have been persuaded to sign a new contract. 

My understanding however is that any chance of him signing a new contract now has been blown out of the water by a massive legal row involving our refusal to send him for a scan at a key time.  I’ve been told that the PFA have had to get involved, as well as lawyers.  There is zero chance of Ferguson playing for the club again. The relationship was cracked before the transfer window.  It is now beyond repair.

at what time was this prag? before he played against Cardiff or after?

I’m trying to find out.  Now that it’s gone legal my source has been less forthcoming

At the end of the day its a scan. Our medical guys decide in there opionn he doesn't need one and the player and his agent think differently. I can't really see how this can go legal.

They were welcome to get an independent  second opinion if they wanted. I remember Jimmy Morrison (I think) who went against the clubs decision to have an operation. It happens a lot. 

And no way was he forced to pay against Cardiff. He could have said no. Plenty of players do.

He's being a twat. His agents being a twat. I just wish they were someone else's twats. 

We need to get the pair of them as far away from the club as possible now. We don't need this fucking up our season.

As said above have his agents all of asudden sudden become medical experts as well ?
(02-09-2020, 12:34 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 12:20 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: How about all of the players in the 70's being pumped full of cortisone to get through games?

Correct, but that was in the 70s.  Were the clubs and players actually aware of the long term consequences?

This is a live current case with £10m+ at stake. More like £20m with 5 years of a wage contract built in.

This injury isn't career threatening, and I'm sure we will be "lawyered up" if we need to be. I would be amazed if decisions were made on this, without us understanding the implications. When dealing with assets of this value, Medical Negligence Insurance will come into play.

Absolutely.  Wasn’t career threatening but was transfer-threatening. 

Will be covered by insurers unless our insurers were to claim contributory negligence on our part.  Reality is that insurers don’t pay out unless they have to, so a legal battle seems likely.

(02-09-2020, 12:42 PM)Three Degrees Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 11:55 AM)fbaggy Wrote:
(02-09-2020, 11:29 AM)Pragmatist Wrote: The irony is that Palace could well be relegated and his wages there next season would probably be chopped in half.

There is no doubt that greed played a huge part in his unwillingness to sign a new contract.  However, after the deal broke down its possible that he might have been persuaded to sign a new contract. 

My understanding however is that any chance of him signing a new contract now has been blown out of the water by a massive legal row involving our refusal to send him for a scan at a key time.  I’ve been told that the PFA have had to get involved, as well as lawyers.  There is zero chance of Ferguson playing for the club again. The relationship was cracked before the transfer window.  It is now beyond repair.

at what time was this prag? before he played against Cardiff or after?

I’m trying to find out.  Now that it’s gone legal my source has been less forthcoming

At the end of the day its a scan. Our medical guys decide in there opionn he doesn't need one and the player and his agent think differently. I can't really see how this can go legal.

They were welcome to get an independent  second opinion if they wanted. I remember Jimmy Morrison (I think) who went against the clubs decision to have an operation. It happens a lot. 

And no way was he forced to pay against Cardiff. He could have said no. Plenty of players do.

He's being a twat. His agents being a twat. I just wish they were someone else's twats. 

We need to get the pair of them as far away from the club as possible now. We don't need this fucking up our season.

As said above have his agents all of asudden sudden become medical experts as well ?

They don’t need to be. They just need good lawyers.

This is Nathan Ferguson’s agent by the way, Alan Redmond of R10. Apparently is very highly regarded within the industry. Is far from the rogue agent that many have assumed Ferguson has acting for him.

http://www.r10agency.com/
(02-09-2020, 12:47 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:

Will be covered by insurers unless our insurers were to claim contributory negligence on our part.  Reality is that insurers don’t pay out unless they have to, so a legal battle seems likely.

(02-09-2020, 11:55 AM)fbaggy Wrote: at what time was this prag? before he played against Cardiff or after?

This is Nathan Ferguson’s agent by the way, Alan Redmond of R10.  Apparently is very highly regarded within the industry.  Is far from the rogue agent that many have assumed Ferguson has acting for him.

That website looks like it was designed by a 10 year old.
(02-09-2020, 12:59 PM)albion_pigeon Wrote:

(02-09-2020, 12:03 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: I’m trying to find out.  Now that it’s gone legal my source has been less forthcoming

This is Nathan Ferguson’s agent by the way, Alan Redmond of R10.  Apparently is very highly regarded within the industry.  Is far from the rogue agent that many have assumed Ferguson has acting for him.

I guess a good agent with a shit website is better than the other way round!

(02-09-2020, 12:03 PM)Pragmatist Wrote: I’m trying to find out.  Now that it’s gone legal my source has been less forthcoming

Most websites ARE shit.
Sounds like a solicitors bunfight.
"I reckon you have a good case there....." that'll be £Xxxxxxx. Thank you.

Don't let Hudds see some of those commas!