Roy
(08-18-2019, 08:28 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I see a lot of old 'famous posters' on twitter. I wouldn't take what they say as gospel that's for sure. Most of them live the tippy tappy project and philosophy types.

I don't use twitter and have only recently got a smart phone. I couldn't give a toss about tippy tappy football either as I also don't claim to know about 'coaching' and Zonal marking beyond my own experience of playing the game.
I treat all imposters the same.

(08-18-2019, 08:56 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 07:35 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 07:17 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Losing Roy to England was one of the biggest losses for us in quite a while. We were lucky his stock was low after being hounded out of Liverpool. A genuine and talented man who also gave us 1-5

Funny you should mention the 1-5 but that day was the March to Molinuex charity walk on behalf of one of the children of an (ex?) Bored member. During that walk I was with a number of our fans, some of whom still post on this place. Two are held in particular high esteem. They talk sense now as they did then. I won't embarrass them by naming them.
The main point of our several hours discussion was RH's lack of flexibility, his poor and belated use of substitutes and reliance on the same players despite poor performance. The general view was he was too stuck in his ways for the squad at that time.

Of course it worked out for us and we put a lot of this to one side as we stayed up and improved under Dashworths model.

The 'revisionism' is not on my part but those that now choose to use rose tinted spectacles on the career of a genuinely nice man, but someone who has achieved no better than consistent mediocrity.

Big Grin Big Grin  Fucking hell......

Big Grin Big Grin
(08-18-2019, 08:59 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 08:28 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: I see a lot of old 'famous posters' on twitter. I wouldn't take what they say as gospel that's for sure. Most of them live the tippy tappy project and philosophy types.

I don't use twitter and have only recently got a smart phone. I couldn't give a toss about tippy tappy football either as I also don't claim to know about 'coaching' and Zonal marking beyond my own experience of playing the game.

(08-18-2019, 07:17 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Losing Roy to England was one of the biggest losses for us in quite a while. We were lucky his stock was low after being hounded out of Liverpool. A genuine and talented man who also gave us 1-5

Funny you should mention the 1-5 but that day was the March to Molinuex charity walk on behalf of one of the children of an (ex?) Bored member. During that walk I was with a number of our fans, some of whom still post on this place. Two are held in particular high esteem. They talk sense now as they did then. I won't embarrass them by naming them.
The main point of our several hours discussion was RH's lack of flexibility, his poor and belated use of substitutes and reliance on the same players despite poor performance. The general view was he was too stuck in his ways for the squad at that time.

Of course it worked out for us and we put a lot of this to one side as we stayed up and improved under Dashworths model.

The 'revisionism' is not on my part but those that now choose to use rose tinted spectacles on the career of a genuinely nice man, but someone who has achieved no better than consistent mediocrity.

Big Grin Big Grin

Stop laughing. One of them became The Pope.

(08-18-2019, 08:54 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 08:23 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 08:18 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 08:13 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 08:11 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Cheers BJ - as I will leave you to our 'great days' under RH.
Jolly decent of you old chap. Bon nuit.
Patronising is obviously your default.
Try harder because it is weak.
Kalynichta.

Ducking the question name a better manager we could attract at the time?

Did you really read what I said DH or were you too interested in playing the man as opposed to the ball? 
You will see that I was asked by BM about RH leaving.
Not when he arrived where he did a job for us and was a solid choice, of course, at that time, and a gentleman and an ambassador etc etc. 
But was it time for us to move on after that was achieved. There were Great results and stability but no 'Great days' in terms of long standing achievement. We should have used our status at that time to do better once this was established. 
We had a talented squad and were under performing under RH. As someone as equally mediocre as Clarke subsequently proved. 
I didn't wish him badly but he was holding out team back IMO. I on but I knew it was a double edged sword as his tenure as England boss proved.
Having read back through the posts I also see along with your edit, another edit by BJ saying I thought moving on to England was mediocrity. Where?
You two are well suited.
Make it up or change it as you go along to suit your argument.
Are you guys mates with Camp Freddy? 
He had a history for revising posts to make his arguments look better to his chums.
He was far better than you but, like you, still very very poor.
It was you that said Roy had only achieved mediocrity

It wasn't an edit either, it was a subsequent post that got added to it

A bit like this one
(08-18-2019, 08:13 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 08:11 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Cheers BJ - as I will leave you to our 'great days' under RH.
Jolly decent of you old chap. Bon nuit.
Kalynichta.

Did you really read what I said DH or were you too interested in playing the man as opposed to the ball? 
Not when he arrived where he did a job for us and was a solid choice, of course, at that time, and a gentleman and an ambassador etc etc. 
But was it time for us to move on after that was achieved. There were Great results and stability but no 'Great days' in terms of long standing achievement. We should have used our status at that time to do better once this was established. 
We had a talented squad and were under performing under RH. As someone as equally mediocre as Clarke subsequently proved. 
I didn't wish him badly but he was holding out team back IMO. I on but I knew it was a double edged sword as his tenure as England boss proved.
Having read back through the posts I also see along with your edit, another edit by BJ saying I thought moving on to England was mediocrity. Where?
You two are well suited.
He had a history for revising posts to make his arguments look better to his chums.

Erm we were under achieving? Clarke and the club simply built on Roy’s solid foundations. Let’s look at things logically rather than you scrabbling around your sofa looking for some credibility on this subject. Roy has managed internationally and across Europe at high / highest standard for decades and yet you think we could have done better and attracted better and he was holding our squad back!?! 

Btw I added to my post to ask the question who would have been better that season? You can’t talk about the next as proof lol he was holding us back because the squad was always going to be changed and built upon.
(08-18-2019, 09:07 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:

Big Grin Big Grin

(08-18-2019, 08:13 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Jolly decent of you old chap. Bon nuit.
Kalynichta.

You two are well suited.

A bit like this one

Oh BJ - 4 individual posts where one response was all that was needed.
My advice would be to think more before you pull the trigger as your earlier Pulis withdrawal displayed.
The Pope (JPII) was a goalkeeper. You aren't that far away in some sense.
Don't be sad.
(08-18-2019, 09:22 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:

(08-18-2019, 07:35 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Funny you should mention the 1-5 but that day was the March to Molinuex charity walk on behalf of one of the children of an (ex?) Bored member. During that walk I was with a number of our fans, some of whom still post on this place. Two are held in particular high esteem. They talk sense now as they did then. I won't embarrass them by naming them.

Big Grin Big Grin

(08-18-2019, 08:18 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote: Patronising is obviously your default.
Kalynichta.

You two are well suited.

A bit like this one

My advice would be to think more before you pull the trigger as your earlier Pulis withdrawal displayed.
Don't be sad.

I'm a bit forgetful and make mistakes with copying and pasting. I'd rather that than spout bollox.
(08-18-2019, 09:21 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 08:13 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Jolly decent of you old chap. Bon nuit.
Kalynichta.

You two are well suited.

Erm we were under achieving? Clarke and the club simply built on Roy’s solid foundations. Let’s look at things logically rather than you scrabbling around your sofa looking for some credibility on this subject. Roy has managed internationally and across Europe at high / highest standard for decades and yet you think we could have done better and attracted better and he was holding our squad back!?! 

Btw I added to my post to ask the question who would have been better that season? You can’t talk about the next as proof lol he was holding us back because the squad was always going to be changed and built upon.

You appear to have changed your angle of attack realising your first question was moot.
I will revert to my usual rule by not engaging with you. It gets us nowhere as I believe, as I am sure you do of me, that you are a moron.

(08-18-2019, 09:25 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 09:22 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:

(08-18-2019, 08:56 PM)WorcBaggie Wrote: Big Grin Big Grin  Fucking hell......

Big Grin Big Grin

(08-18-2019, 08:23 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: Ducking the question name a better manager we could attract at the time?

You two are well suited.

A bit like this one

Don't be sad.

I'm a bit forgetful and make mistakes with copying and pasting. I'd rather that than spout bollox.
One post!! Well done.
Patronising cnut  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin now go and have a go at all the others on this thread that disagree with you  Tongue Tongue Tongue
DH in new "shocker" - increases his fan club Big Grin
(08-18-2019, 09:45 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Patronising cnut  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin now go and have a go at all the others on this thread that disagree with you  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Copy and paste - 

'Patronising, moi ? Never heard that before mon.'

You are an amature 'mon'.

(08-18-2019, 09:50 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: DH in new "shocker" - increases his fan club Big Grin

I was never close - Thank goodness - or indeed anyone else's tbh!  Smile
(08-18-2019, 09:53 PM)Swagbaggie Wrote:
(08-18-2019, 09:45 PM)Baggiejacko Wrote: Patronising cnut  Big Grin Big Grin Big Grin now go and have a go at all the others on this thread that disagree with you  Tongue Tongue Tongue

Copy and paste - 

'Patronising, moi ? Never heard that before mon.'

You are an amature 'mon'.

I bow to you sir. A professional patronising genius and twaddle talker supreme. I look forward to speaking to you again as you make me sound like a wise man.