Sunaks plan for “sick note culture “
(6 hours ago)Fido Wrote:
(6 hours ago)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(6 hours ago)Fido Wrote:
(7 hours ago)Protheroe Wrote:
(Yesterday, 05:32 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: But you actively went out campaigning on behalf of serial liars. You were what’s the phrase entirely comfortable in doing so apparently. Don’t hide behind the least worst argument n response.

I will always be entirely comfortable with helping to keep Corbyn and his thugs out of power. 

I can only imagine what sort of state the country would be in now had he and his type gained the levers of power and had to deal with Brexit, Covid, Ukraine & Israel. You ought to be thanking me for encouraging the Labour party's return to sanity and electability.

I don't think Derek can disagree with that. He's mentioned it more than once in the middle of all the rest of the diatribe.

Imagine the ‘chaos’ under Ed Millband! Thankfully we’ve had 14yrs of strong, stable and competent government since then.

What's Ed Miliband got to do with this? You went off on one many a time about Corbyn making Labour unelectable. Now given how much you go on about "moving goalposts" as well...

The point was we have had 14yrs of awful government culminating in Johnson, Truss and Sunak. Proth was happy to endorse a party who led on a campaign and lies and mistruths at the last election not to mention during Brexit. The Tories have eroded trust in democracy. 

The voter was left with an unenviable choice but those that campaigned on behalf of them don’t get a get out of jail free card under the guise of ‘least worst’.
(4 hours ago)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The voter was left with an unenviable choice but those that campaigned on behalf of them don’t get a get out of jail free card under the guise of ‘least worst’.

Why not? #LeastWorst is the foundation of liberal democracy.

I thought most people realised this upon reaching adulthood.
(4 hours ago)Protheroe Wrote:
(4 hours ago)Derek Hardballs Wrote: The voter was left with an unenviable choice but those that campaigned on behalf of them don’t get a get out of jail free card under the guise of ‘least worst’.

Why not? #LeastWorst is the foundation of liberal democracy.

I thought most people realised this upon reaching adulthood.

You chose to advocate on people’s doorstep for a serial liar who was described by many that knew and worked with him as ‘not fit for office’. Then when the subsequent and predictable chaos unravelled you leave the party.
(5 hours ago)Ted Maul Wrote: To this day I am yet to hear a legitimate argument for what made Jeremy Corbyn unelectable, especially given what the Tories have come up with since.

He did, Ted.

Part of electability is perception and Corbyn was never going to get past that. We (the UK electorate that is) will, now and again, swing the pendulum over to a few degrees left of centre; usually as a reaction to a sustained period of Tory failure. The only real exception post-war was Attlee's landslide in '45.

It's a lesson the left need to learn. There are still plenty of so-called Labour supporters ready to trash the legacy of the last Labour government; some - even more preposterous - who seem to genuinely belIeve that the centrists and social democrats deny Labour election wins by diluting the purity of the message and not just getting on board.

I admire Attlee for his sustained levels of year-on-year achievement; Wilson and Blair because they won consistently, then delivered. If you can't win, what use are you? If Starmer wins, come whenever, he will have made a start towards being good Labour leader. The only alternative is handing the Tories another go.

2024, and it's 50 years since Harold Wilson won his fourth and final election. In that 50 years only one Labour leader has won an election, and he won three. That's how the odds are stacked and Labour either play the game as it is or they lose.
(3 hours ago)Ossian Wrote:
(5 hours ago)Ted Maul Wrote: To this day I am yet to hear a legitimate argument for what made Jeremy Corbyn unelectable, especially given what the Tories have come up with since.

He did, Ted.

Part of electability is perception and Corbyn was never going to get past that. We (the UK electorate that is) will, now and again, swing the pendulum over to a few degrees left of centre; usually as a reaction to a sustained period of Tory failure. The only real exception post-war was Attlee's landslide in '45.

It's a lesson the left need to learn. There are still plenty of so-called Labour supporters ready to trash the legacy of the last Labour government; some - even more preposterous - who seem to genuinely belIeve that the centrists and social democrats deny Labour election wins by diluting the purity of the message and not just getting on board.

I admire Attlee for his sustained levels of year-on-year achievement; Wilson and Blair because they won consistently, then delivered. If you can't win, what use are you? If Starmer wins, come whenever, he will have made a start towards being good Labour leader. The only alternative is handing the Tories another go.

2024, and it's 50 years since Harold Wilson won his fourth and final election. In that 50 years only one Labour leader has won an election, and he won three. That's how the odds are stacked and Labour either play the game as it is or they lose.

Don't disagree with any of that bar the first line.

It's no wonder we are where we are when the likes of Johnson and Truss are perceived electable and a bloke who has consistently advocated for the improvement of conditions for the most needy and vulnerable in our society was not.

Tories play politics on easy mode. Cameron only won in 2015 because Miliband had the gall to eat a sandwich.
(4 hours ago)Derek Hardballs Wrote: You chose to advocate on people’s doorstep

Once again proving you don't understand what canvassing actually is.
(3 hours ago)Ted Maul Wrote:
(3 hours ago)Ossian Wrote:

He did, Ted.

Don't disagree with any of that bar the first line.

It's no wonder we are where we are when the likes of Johnson and Truss are perceived electable and a bloke who has consistently advocated for the improvement of conditions for the most needy and vulnerable in our society was not.

Tories play politics on easy mode. Cameron only won in 2015 because Miliband had the gall to eat a sandwich.

And if Labour had had any notion of what was good for them they’d have chosen David Miliband as leader instead of Ed after he cosied up to the unions. They might well have won an election off the back of that alone.

Awaits Proths inevitable reply outlining stuff, half of which has happened anyway and some vaguely odd rant about terrorists as if the current government aren't doing their bit to aid genocide.

His foreign policy positions are objectively awful

Awaits Proths inevitable reply outlining stuff, half of which has happened anyway and some vaguely odd rant about terrorists as if the current government aren't doing their bit to aid genocide.

I wouldn't even grace such a ridiculous notion with a response Ted tbh.

I suggest you Google it.