Sunaks plan for “sick note culture “
(05-01-2024, 05:20 PM)Protheroe Wrote: It is wonderful being held responsible for individual policies in a representative democracy. I would bring up PFI in the NHS,  bank bailouts, two unusable aircraft carriers, Iraq or the destruction of final salary pensions again if there was any point engaging in such a pointless argument, but I won't.

But you actively went out campaigning on behalf of serial liars. You were what’s the phrase entirely comfortable in doing so apparently. Don’t hide behind the least worst argument n response.
Spot on Derek. Actively campaigning for these twin disasters with years of warning sirens and then legging it from any ownership is cowardly behaviour
Someone could have been killed
(05-01-2024, 05:32 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-01-2024, 05:20 PM)Protheroe Wrote: It is wonderful being held responsible for individual policies in a representative democracy. I would bring up PFI in the NHS,  bank bailouts, two unusable aircraft carriers, Iraq or the destruction of final salary pensions again if there was any point engaging in such a pointless argument, but I won't.

But you actively went out campaigning on behalf of serial liars. You were what’s the phrase entirely comfortable in doing so apparently. Don’t hide behind the least worst argument n response.

Still winning was the phrase that was trumpeted frequently by the gentleman concerned. Frequently and loudly on here. Not a cool look, then or now.

But it is a good list he provides. I would still like to see Blair and Campbell in The Hague. As for PFI - labour politicians and civil servants should be had up on misconduct in public office charges.
(05-01-2024, 05:32 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: But you actively went out campaigning on behalf of serial liars. You were what’s the phrase entirely comfortable in doing so apparently. Don’t hide behind the least worst argument n response.

I will always be entirely comfortable with helping to keep Corbyn and his thugs out of power. 

I can only imagine what sort of state the country would be in now had he and his type gained the levers of power and had to deal with Brexit, Covid, Ukraine & Israel. You ought to be thanking me for encouraging the Labour party's return to sanity and electability.
(05-02-2024, 06:58 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-01-2024, 05:32 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: But you actively went out campaigning on behalf of serial liars. You were what’s the phrase entirely comfortable in doing so apparently. Don’t hide behind the least worst argument n response.

I will always be entirely comfortable with helping to keep Corbyn and his thugs out of power. 

I can only imagine what sort of state the country would be in now had he and his type gained the levers of power and had to deal with Brexit, Covid, Ukraine & Israel. You ought to be thanking me for encouraging the Labour party's return to sanity and electability.

I don't think Derek can disagree with that. He's mentioned it more than once in the middle of all the rest of the diatribe.
(05-02-2024, 07:13 AM)Fido Wrote:

I don't think Derek can disagree with that. He's mentioned it more than once in the middle of all the rest of the diatribe.

Imagine the ‘chaos’ under Ed Millband! Thankfully we’ve had 14yrs of strong, stable and competent government since then.
(05-01-2024, 05:16 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(05-01-2024, 04:44 PM)Pontificator Wrote: There is always money we are not fucking Argentina.

Yes, there is always money if you want the accompanying debt, inflation, interest rates and potential devaluation.

The UK economy is pretty much at capacity. You can't have the growth you want without most / all of the above - unless you grow the supply side. Labour shows no more inclination to do that than the Tories have.

Not gonna be a five minute job is it. Conservative ideology, ineptitude and Brexit has squeezed the life out of UK economically and socially. The Tory immigration bullshit is adding to it. One of our best "exports" - our universities is being diminished by idiotic Tory attacks on them and the families of the foreign students. I mean, a key part of growing supply side is education and skills and all they've done for 14 years is fuck it up. If productivity is to be increased then where will investment come from apart from borrowing? The Tory political machine attacks Labour for wanting to spend a measily 28 billion on Green stuff - Attack heat pumps LOL! The truth is you hate spending money, but at some point you have to address this "My income falls because you're spending less, and your income falls because I'm spending less" More austerity is not the answer
Fuck the Tories, Fuck Brexit, Fuck Putin & Fuck VAR
(05-02-2024, 07:32 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-02-2024, 07:13 AM)Fido Wrote:

Imagine the ‘chaos’ under Ed Millband! Thankfully we’ve had 14yrs of strong, stable and competent government since then.

What's Ed Miliband got to do with this? You went off on one many a time about Corbyn making Labour unelectable. Now given how much you go on about "moving goalposts" as well...
To this day I am yet to hear a legitimate argument for what made Jeremy Corbyn unelectable, especially given what the Tories have come up with since.

Awaits Proths inevitable reply outlining stuff, half of which has happened anyway and some vaguely odd rant about terrorists as if the current government aren't doing their bit to aid genocide.
Always winning when it goes well and always disowning when it goes to shit. That’s Tories top to bottom for ya.
Someone could have been killed