Gibbs, Livermore & Rondon...
(04-08-2019, 06:33 PM)Squid Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 04:04 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 03:56 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I disagree Squid.   Johansen is captain of his country and Gayle has a good record, strikers are always in demand. As you say, a lot depends on who we get as manager and who he brings with him. Also, I'm not one for advocating jobs for the boys, but if BD doesn't get (or want) another crack at management then we could do worse than find him a position. As an ambassador for WBA there would be no one better.

Agreed. 

Someone in the bottom 8 would undoubtedly take Gayle, as a bench player at the very least

Fair enough, Gayle would probably generate some interest, though I'd love to hang on to him. Not convinced that Johansen would get much attention, captain of Norway, or not.

Agreed lad
(04-08-2019, 02:56 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 01:57 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 12:48 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 10:19 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: In exchange for Murphy and Gayle...

Newcastle having a laugh! 

Based on current form Rondon is worth more than those 2 on his own!

Well if Jimenez is £32,  Rondon must be near that and has a better scoring ratio.

Irrelevant because Rondon has an exit clause of £16.5m if we stay down and £20m if we go up

How is that worded, Prag? I thought it was time restricted, and the option period had expired? 

It makes no difference, of course, because Rondon on a 12 month contract has a limited value in the market.

Not sure of exact wording but I believe it’s what was negotiated with Rondon as part of letting him go on loan to Newcastle.  Seemingly we have to sell him if we stay down and get an offer of £16.5m, and if we go up then the price is £20m. Sort of all makes sense commercially and is a very good deal (either way) with only a year left on contract
Murphy can fook off (absolute twat and not interested in WBA - in my view his career is over) and I personally wouldn't sign Gayle if we go up.  We can get a much better striker for 10-15m from Europe - if it's still allowed under Brexit!