Gibbs, Livermore & Rondon...
(04-08-2019, 01:57 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 12:48 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 10:19 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote: In exchange for Murphy and Gayle...

Newcastle having a laugh! 

Based on current form Rondon is worth more than those 2 on his own!

Well if Jimenez is £32,  Rondon must be near that and has a better scoring ratio.

Irrelevant because Rondon has an exit clause of £16.5m if we stay down and £20m if we go up

How is that worded, Prag? I thought it was time restricted, and the option period had expired? 

It makes no difference, of course, because Rondon on a 12 month contract has a limited value in the market.

Whatever happens,  this close season is going to be the most fascinating in the club's history. 

If we go up we may sign Holgate and Gayle but we will be mightily short of quality across the entire squad.   

New Keeper (Johnstone No.2 - there's a few at Burnley) 
New RB (Holgate?)
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs
Burke 
Livermore 
New CM  (Hayden from Newcastle?) 
New LM  (need someone like Deulofeu!) 
Rodriquez 
New striker (Gayle?)

Squad: Johnstone, Phillips, Harper, Field, Robson-Kanu, Bartley, Leko, Edwards, Rogers, Brunt,

GONE:  Rondon, Barry, Morrison, Murphy, Montero, Johansen 

If we don't go up then it could be carnage;

OUT?

Rondon
Burke (Palace or Celtic) 
Barry -  OOC
Morrison - OOC (sick-note)
Phillips (but injury-prone)
Harper (can't see him signing if we don't go up)
Livermore - think he may stay, not long signed new contract
Gibbs (suitors you would think) 
Dawson     - 29 in May   }
Hegazi       - 28              }  passed their sell-buy dates?
Rodriquez  - 30 in July   }

LOANS return
Gayle
Murphy
Johansen
Montero 
Holgate

Some of the above may decide to stay. Phillips may not have too many suitors due to his injuries.  Gayle and Johansen may sign. Holgate will go somewhere else I would have thought.  I think the rest could go one way or the other, on our terms.  

So massive amount of work to be done in the summer if we are serious about going up - assuming we don't this season!  Not long before we'll know.
I can't see either Gayle or Johanson signing if we're still in the Champ. Both would have other options. The one good thing that would come out of kicking off next August in this division, is that the academy kids will play a big part. I've no idea how successful that will be but if we do go up, we won't be seeing many of them at West Brom.
(04-08-2019, 03:38 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I can't see either Gayle or Johanson signing if we're still in the Champ. Both would have other options. The one good thing that would come out of kicking off next August in this division, is that the academy kids will play a big part. I've no idea how successful that will be but if we do go up, we won't be seeing many of them at West Brom.

Johansen barely had a kick in a team freefalling out of the PL and hasn't set the world on fire here. He's also out of contract in the summer. There is a footballer in there but being sat on the bench for half a season seems to have decimated him. Can't see anyone PL looking at him.

Gayle seems to have the tag of only doing it in the Championship. He'd also struggle to find a team to stump up 70k a week for him.

A lot will depend on who we get in as manager and how charismatic they are. BD had that charisma in spades, but sadly used it to also attract an arse of an assistant coach.
I disagree Squid. Johansen is captain of his country and Gayle has a good record, strikers are always in demand. As you say, a lot depends on who we get as manager and who he brings with him. Also, I'm not one for advocating jobs for the boys, but if BD doesn't get (or want) another crack at management then we could do worse than find him a position. As an ambassador for WBA there would be no one better.
(04-08-2019, 03:56 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I disagree Squid.   Johansen is captain of his country and Gayle has a good record, strikers are always in demand. As you say, a lot depends on who we get as manager and who he brings with him. Also, I'm not one for advocating jobs for the boys, but if BD doesn't get (or want) another crack at management then we could do worse than find him a position. As an ambassador for WBA there would be no one better.

Agreed. 

Someone in the bottom 8 would undoubtedly take Gayle, as a bench player at the very least
(04-08-2019, 03:56 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: I disagree Squid.   Johansen is captain of his country and Gayle has a good record, strikers are always in demand. As you say, a lot depends on who we get as manager and who he brings with him. Also, I'm not one for advocating jobs for the boys, but if BD doesn't get (or want) another crack at management then we could do worse than find him a position. As an ambassador for WBA there would be no one better.

Someone suggested he was in line for a BAME role at the FA??
(04-08-2019, 04:04 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:

Agreed. 

Someone in the bottom 8 would undoubtedly take Gayle, as a bench player at the very least

Fair enough, Gayle would probably generate some interest, though I'd love to hang on to him. Not convinced that Johansen would get much attention, captain of Norway, or not.
(04-08-2019, 03:16 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Whatever happens,  this close season is going to be the most fascinating in the club's history. 

If we go up we may sign Holgate and Gayle but we will be mightily short of quality across the entire squad.   

New Keeper (Johnstone No.2 - there's a few at Burnley) 
New RB (Holgate?)
Dawson
Hegazi
Gibbs
Burke 
Livermore 
New CM  (Hayden from Newcastle?) 
New LM  (need someone like Deulofeu!) 
Rodriquez 
New striker (Gayle?)

Squad: Johnstone, Phillips, Harper, Field, Robson-Kanu, Bartley, Leko, Edwards, Rogers, Brunt, (TOWNSEND)

GONE:  Rondon, Barry, Morrison, Murphy, Montero, Johansen,  (TOSIN) (MEARS)

If we don't go up then it could be carnage;

OUT?

Rondon
Burke (Palace or Celtic) 
Barry -  OOC
Morrison - OOC (sick-note)
Phillips (but injury-prone)
Harper (can't see him signing if we don't go up)
Livermore - think he may stay, not long signed new contract
Gibbs (suitors you would think) 
Dawson     - 29 in May   }
Hegazi       - 28              }  passed their sell-buy dates?
Rodriquez  - 30 in July   }
NYOM

LOANS return
Gayle
Murphy
Johansen
Montero 
Holgate
TOSIN

Some of the above may decide to stay. Phillips may not have too many suitors due to his injuries.  Gayle and Johansen may sign. Holgate will go somewhere else I would have thought.  I think the rest could go one way or the other, on our terms.  

So massive amount of work to be done in the summer if we are serious about going up - assuming we don't this season!  Not long before we'll know.

Most I agree with but - Nyom and Tosin and Mears will also leaving, I cannot see us paying Holgate, Johansen or Gayle enough to sign for us tbh
(04-08-2019, 02:49 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 01:57 PM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(04-08-2019, 12:48 PM)Hopalong Wrote:

Well if Jimenez is £32,  Rondon must be near that and has a better scoring ratio.

Irrelevant because Rondon has an exit clause of £16.5m if we stay down and £20m if we go up

Is that definite?

Don’t take it as gospel, but it’s what I understand to be the case