Corberan
(08-07-2023, 05:15 PM)MrFizz Wrote:
(08-07-2023, 12:56 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(08-07-2023, 12:07 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(08-07-2023, 10:26 AM)Sliced Wrote:
(08-07-2023, 09:24 AM)Tom Joad Wrote: Agree with this part. It's absolutely pointless pissing about at the back if in the end someone panics under pressure and hoofs it forward. It doesnt have to be all or nothing, mix it up!

The problem is Wallace stated in the post match interview that Corbs said the players shouldn't worry about the mistakes because playing out from the back is the way we want to go. I can't say I agree with him

Totally disagree with him.
The 3k plus travelling support were very worried about mistakes and conceding avoidable goals.
I can never understand why you would want you least able ‘footballers’ in centre of defence to become play makers and spend so much time on the ball?
Surely you need the ball with your creative midfielders and attacking players to actually win games.

I think the point of it is to draw the opposition on to you so that when the defence gets the ball through to the more attacking players they have more space to work in (rather than being tightly marked) and be a bigger threat to the opposition. Whether this works or not is a different question.

That is exactly it. With players movements aimed at moving the opposition around and creating passing lanes to the forwards/wide men. There was an excellent anaysis of CC's Huddersfield on a tactics site that i watched just after he arrived.
I get why they do it and, at the right time by the right players, it works BUT at certain times you need to revert to putting it into Row Z. To think you can play out in every scenario is arrogant and foolish.
We know why managers do it, it doesn’t mean it works well with limited players. You have to play to the players strengths not what you’d like them to be.
(08-07-2023, 09:38 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: Didn't realise Lai got sent off in 2018!!!

Big Grin