Udds Ratings
Anybody who thought Okay was terrible today needs a serious head wobble

He was well below what we expect of him and was sloppy especially in the first half however he still did so many good things which clearly are going unnoticed by some, the amount of interceptions is clearly being taken for granted and is the use of the ball creates so many transitions for us in open play

Below what we expect, absolutely but terrible? De me a favor

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(08-27-2022, 06:07 PM)Baggeridgebaggy Wrote: Molumby is a definite weak link - midfield players have to contribute more than he does. Passing it short backwards & sideways is okay if there’s also more to a players game, but with him there really isn’t

Need someone there that can carry to ball forward with vision & purpose & to pick some forward passes. But his game is just continually slowing the game down & he is not a passer. As you say in this division we need much better than him.

Everything has been said about Grant - as with Molumby if he’s a starter we can forget challenging towards the top of the league. Nothing sticks, no pace, heavy touch & wins nothing in the air

Given the better creativity this season & with Diangana playing well I believe we’d be 4 or 5 points better off with Dike (or even Carroll) in the starting line up

If we don’t get a couple in we’ve got little chance of heading up the table

Molumby is like one of those players in your Sunday league team who only gets a game because he turns up on time each week.
(08-27-2022, 10:18 PM)MancBaggie Wrote: Not far off with those Cuz. You have to put the performance and result into context - they are bottom 6 under Schofield and were missing a few defenders and Hogg. We were atrocious for 30 mins - huffed for a bit and then controlled 25 min of the 2nd half. SBs sub then meant we lost control in the middle and they had as many chances as us late on. Marks 

Button 5. Unconvincing again - slow to close for 2nd goal and nowhere near the post shot late on. He won’t win us many points

Furlong. 4 Poor defender and even worse in possession. Countless misplaced passes and overhit crosses.  RB needed as well as a CF 

Townsend. Game enough and tried to support attacks. Just v little attacking quality - right to the 95th min when a decent knock down might have won it

Semi 7. Effort and one of the few to win a header.  Swept up a lot but a silly yellow at end when we had the ball 

OS. 4.5. Easily his worst game. Time to clear it downfield - let alone give a throw away. Caught in possession and ponderous all game. 

Okay. 6.5 He was dreadful for 35 min.  Unfit and leggy - they ran past him. V poor on the ball too.  Improved 2nd half and helped us boss it. Poor header

Mulumby 6. Anonymous again for 30 odd mins - the one thing he has is energy so use it man.  Started the move for the 1st and played well 2nd half. Poor call to sub him as it left us too open after we had controlled it for 25 min

Swift 6.5. Great assist for equaliser but needs to sort his fitness and offer much more. Frustrated everyone with his passes when we’ll placed to shoot twice in 2 half

Wallace 7.5. His crossing wasn’t there again today but wonder if lacks conviction because he knows Grant won’t get near them.  Scored 2 valuable goals. Should of had a third. 

Grady. 7. Decent outlet again despite being double marked. Only one who showed for it 1st half. He has to take more goal chances 

Grant. 3. Seriously, he offers fuck all. Performs the same whether he has scored or not.  When you are that limited at everything else you have to convert chances. What he does is make the team look worse than it is and scores the odd goal. He doesn’t work hard - he doesn’t make runs. Trod on the fugging ball twice. 

CR 6.5. Still nowhere near pre covid form but good reverse pass for what was a penalty.  He needs more minutes - but has to knuckle down. 

TGH. 6.  Not on for that long but could have done more with the ball in good positions near the box. Another who deserves more minutes - albeit as a sub
.5 more for Diang than Okay…mate that’s good gear your smoking. Okay better than Molumby really???
Grant offers goals not “fuck all”

(08-27-2022, 11:29 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Anybody who thought Okay was terrible today needs a serious head wobble

He was well below what we expect of him and was sloppy especially in the first half however he still did so many good things which clearly are going unnoticed by some, the amount of interceptions is clearly being taken for granted and is the use of the ball creates so many transitions for us in open play

Below what we expect, absolutely but terrible? De me a 
Pffft
I’ve got to say Grants performance today was shocking,embarrassing, you can call it what you like but his lack of effort and first touch was there for all to see.Perhaps it’s me but he swaggers about as though he’s not that bothered about football in general.His performance today was on a par with what we have seen from Zohore.
He’s not a centre forward so what is he ? Oh yes he can play on the left side of a three and cut in to shoot with his right foot.His lack of desire and movement is terrible and his body language is no better.I watched the lad who played for Luton up front ,ex Walsall and he was a handful just because of his movement,desire and he never stopped moving all game.He was everything that Grant isn’t.
(08-28-2022, 06:34 AM)Huggybear Wrote: I’ve got to say Grants performance today was shocking,embarrassing, you can call it what you like but his lack of effort and first touch was there for all to see.Perhaps it’s me but he swaggers about as though he’s not that bothered about football in general.His performance today was on a par with what we have seen from Zohore.
      He’s not a centre forward so what is he ? Oh yes he can play on the left side of a three and cut in to shoot with his right foot.His lack of desire and movement is terrible and his body language is no better.I watched the lad who played for Luton up front ,ex Walsall and he was a handful just because of his movement,desire and he never stopped moving all game.He was everything that Grant isn’t.

Don't think it was lack of effort. He just isn't very good. So many of our attacks break down due to his inability to do the basics.
(08-28-2022, 06:34 AM)Huggybear Wrote: I’ve got to say Grants performance today was shocking,embarrassing, you can call it what you like but his lack of effort and first touch was there for all to see.Perhaps it’s me but he swaggers about as though he’s not that bothered about football in general.His performance today was on a par with what we have seen from Zohore.

Spot on I’m afraid and a but like Townsend without serious competition your position in the side is a given

As desperate as we are a fit Ken would offer just as much in this type of system, I thought Grant and especially his movement was good v Watford, every other game he’s been bang average at best

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
Can’t stand Grant. He looks like a pickpocket
(08-27-2022, 05:50 PM)Cuzer Wrote: TGH 6 Good to see Bruce acknowledge Furlong wasn’t playing well, little chance of impact but may have been quicker onto late chance

Bruce brought TGH on after 85 minutes, so I think that was a rather late acknowledgement that Furlong wasn't playing well, if indeed that's what his thought was.

I had to laugh at Bruce's post-match comment about signings on Radio WM yesterday, where he said "I'm confident that we will hopefully bring someone in"!! Rolleyes
(08-27-2022, 08:08 PM)TartanRug Wrote:
(08-27-2022, 08:04 PM)Cuzer Wrote: We’ve spoke to Delph which tells you Bruce must know we need a midfielder

Cuzer

Yep such an important position, we need a creator in there and Molumby isn't that

Tbf nor is Delph