Everton
(03-08-2022, 09:32 AM)Peachy Wrote: Out of all the candidates for the drop I'd probably say Brentford are the club I'd least want to drop into the Championship.

Very stable club, wouldn't sell many of their players and the Championship wouldn't phase them one bit.

Roy won't stay at Watford and they will sell top players. Norwich have Gammon but I'd fancy them for top 6. Everton could go either way but it would be a culture shock and if Dyche left Burnley I could really see them struggling. Leeds I am not sure about with the new American fella. They will lose Raphina whatever happens.

At the very very best I think the play offs is all we can hope for next season if I'm being honest. We have so much shit to weed out in the summer but I just don't see how we go about getting rid of it given the contracts they are on and the fact no one will want them because they are gash!

Concern for me next season is more the sides that will still be in this division.

Fulham are going up, and I think B’mouth will get over the line, but only one of Sheff Utd, Forest and Boro can go up with them… they will all have budgets comparable to what we can muster also, and have more flexible where when it comes to making investment too.
(03-08-2022, 12:13 PM)Fido Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 11:53 AM)Bob Fossil Wrote: There'll be 3 worse. If not there will no doubt be a "watch malfunction", or a "VAR glich" that comes to their rescue.

I was talking about this just the other day when Everton nearly went down mid-90s. Wasn't it someone like Hans van Breukelen who threw one in that meant Wimbledon went down instead?

It was Hans Segars Fido, up there with Fulop for dodgy keeping.
(03-08-2022, 06:19 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 09:32 AM)Peachy Wrote: Out of all the candidates for the drop I'd probably say Brentford are the club I'd least want to drop into the Championship.

Very stable club, wouldn't sell many of their players and the Championship wouldn't phase them one bit.

Roy won't stay at Watford and they will sell top players. Norwich have Gammon but I'd fancy them for top 6. Everton could go either way but it would be a culture shock and if Dyche left Burnley I could really see them struggling. Leeds I am not sure about with the new American fella. They will lose Raphina whatever happens.

At the very very best I think the play offs is all we can hope for next season if I'm being honest. We have so much shit to weed out in the summer but I just don't see how we go about getting rid of it given the contracts they are on and the fact no one will want them because they are gash!

Concern for me next season is more the sides that will still be in this division.

Fulham are going up, and I think B’mouth will get over the line, but only one of Sheff Utd, Forest and Boro can go up with them… they will all have budgets comparable to what we can muster also, and have more flexible where when it comes to making investment too.

We REALLY needed to go up this season.

With the fiances as they were for the Championship, we really need to make the most of our advantage in the summer and mount a promotion challenge this year successfully. We may be down here for a few years now as the club has to rebuild, and hope it works.
(03-08-2022, 07:13 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

With the fiances as they were for the Championship, we really need to make the most of our advantage in the summer and mount a promotion challenge this year successfully. We may be down here for a few years now as the club has to rebuild, and hope it works.

The fuck up was already made over the summer. We didn't wind up with a squad as strong as we needed. The only minor consolation is that next season we won't be much weaker as I can't see anyone significant leaving.

Honestly we don't have anyone significant! Good utilisation of the loan market is essential and next season we may still have a chance
(03-08-2022, 08:43 PM)Sliced Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 07:13 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

The fuck up was already made over the summer. We didn't wind up with a squad as strong as we needed. The only minor consolation is that next season we won't be much weaker as I can't see anyone significant leaving.

Honestly we don't have anyone significant! Good utilisation of the loan market is essential and next season we may still have a chance

Plus we'll hopefully have a full season of Dike
Much as I dislike the red half of Liverpool, I also nurture a distaste for Everton, who have spent all but a mere handful of seasons in the top flight without ever seeming to be any good (70 odd years since they were in Div 2). Remember also that their chairman at the time was the strongest advocate of a Premier League with no promotion or relegation to/from the Football League. An Everton relegation with Frank Jr would be hugely entertaining.