Everton
It would be potential chaos for them if they came down. However youd think theyd have enough saleable assets to be able to reinvest and a squad way too strong for the championship anyway
Out of all the candidates for the drop I'd probably say Brentford are the club I'd least want to drop into the Championship.

Very stable club, wouldn't sell many of their players and the Championship wouldn't phase them one bit.

Roy won't stay at Watford and they will sell top players. Norwich have Gammon but I'd fancy them for top 6. Everton could go either way but it would be a culture shock and if Dyche left Burnley I could really see them struggling. Leeds I am not sure about with the new American fella. They will lose Raphina whatever happens.

At the very very best I think the play offs is all we can hope for next season if I'm being honest. We have so much shit to weed out in the summer but I just don't see how we go about getting rid of it given the contracts they are on and the fact no one will want them because they are gash!
(03-08-2022, 09:06 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 08:49 AM)MassDebater Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 08:37 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 08:16 AM)MassDebater Wrote: I just wonder if Everton would have players contract's with relegation clauses in them, since they've never needed them before? Could be a massive car crash if they do come down and haven't got those clauses. With their Russian under sanctions and stuff.

Yeah they could be properly fucked. Especially if they’ve already committed funds to that new stadium too.

They're a funny club, shouldn't dislike them really, but I still haven't forgiven them for that FA Cup game when they crocked every fecker and derailed our season. So for that alone i'd love them to get relegated (who ever said football is rational?? Big Grin)

I really don’t mind Everton, there are far more deserving clubs out there of the horrible fate that’s coming for them.

Ditto.  One of my best mates is an Everton fan and I think he's in a semi-coma at the moment.  Only ever been in the second division once (ironically the year we won the cup in 54) so he has no idea how grim it could be.  That said, even with all their issues I'd put money on them going straight back up - not least given their following.
(03-08-2022, 09:38 AM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 08:37 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 08:16 AM)MassDebater Wrote: I just wonder if Everton would have players contract's with relegation clauses in them, since they've never needed them before? Could be a massive car crash if they do come down and haven't got those clauses. With their Russian under sanctions and stuff.

Yeah they could be properly fucked. Especially if they’ve already committed funds to that new stadium too.

They're a funny club, shouldn't dislike them really, but I still haven't forgiven them for that FA Cup game when they crocked every fecker and derailed our season. So for that alone i'd love them to get relegated (who ever said football is rational?? Big Grin)

I really don’t mind Everton, there are far more deserving clubs out there of the horrible fate that’s coming for them.

Ditto.  One of my best mates is an Everton fan and I think he's in a semi-coma at the moment.  Only ever been in the second division once (ironically the year we won the cup in 54) so he has no idea how grim it could be.  That said, even with all their issues I'd put money on them going straight back up - not least given their following.

Is that your mate just been in the second division once or Everton?

Everton have had four years out of the top flight - 1930/31 season and 1951 to 1954. That is some going. Must be boring for the fans though...
(03-08-2022, 08:34 AM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: Apparently somebody wants Lampard out and for the Toffees to appoint Steve Bruce in his place.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/ever...qJWiowR6LI

Shirley they should be after Big Sam to get em out of the shit, he's never been relegated, 

oh shit!     Rolleyes
There'll be 3 worse. If not there will no doubt be a "watch malfunction", or a "VAR glich" that comes to their rescue.
(03-08-2022, 11:53 AM)Bob Fossil Wrote: There'll be 3 worse. If not there will no doubt be a "watch malfunction", or a "VAR glich" that comes to their rescue.

I was talking about this just the other day when Everton nearly went down mid-90s. Wasn't it someone like Hans van Breukelen who threw one in that meant Wimbledon went down instead?
(03-08-2022, 10:03 AM)baggie_ray Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 09:38 AM)Brentbaggie Wrote:
(03-08-2022, 08:37 AM)Duffers Wrote: Yeah they could be properly fucked. Especially if they’ve already committed funds to that new stadium too.

Is that your mate just been in the second division once or Everton?

Everton have had four years out of the top flight - 1930/31 season and 1951 to 1954. That is some going. Must be boring for the fans though...
Everton get promoted and we win the FA Cup  Big Grin
(03-08-2022, 08:34 AM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: Apparently somebody wants Lampard out and for the Toffees to appoint Steve Bruce in his place.

https://www.sportbible.com/football/ever...qJWiowR6LI

Hands orf our Potato Head!
Everton will be fine.