Sajid
(02-14-2020, 02:06 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 11:44 AM)Ossian Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 09:10 AM)baggy1 Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 12:16 AM)The liquidator Wrote: Dom hasnt sent thousands of our soldiers to a war that was full of lies . Dodgy

You must have stood next to Corbyn in objecting to the war at the time then, good on you comrade.

The parliamentary vote for the invasion of Iraq is one of the most glossed-over events in politics. And, by the way, Labour are complicit in that in much the same way that they seem reticent about pointing out the distinction between a fiscal crisis and a meltdown of the financial services sector.

Anyway, back to Iraq, since somebody brought it up. Just a few names to be going on with: David Cameron, Theresa May, John Redwood, George Osborne, David Lidington, Bernard Jenkin, Philip Hammond, Chris Grayling (no wonder it turned out to be a shambles!), Graham Brady, David Davis, Iain Duncan Smith, Liam Fox, Mark Francois... I could go on, and probably will at some point. All of the foregoing voted with the then government in favour of supporting the US invasion of Iraq.

Oh, and - just to complete the hat-trick of Tory prime ministers - Boris Johnson, him an' all.

It must be one of the most facile arguments Tory Utd supporters regurgitate even though it gets shot down in flames every time.  

It’s the same as blaming the Labour Party for the global financial crash.

(02-14-2020, 01:58 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Can you tell me again please who was in charge of the country please as they make the final decision on things

Arf the idea that the Conservative’s would have said no to Bush is stretching credibility to breaking point.

Iain Duncan Smith, then Tory leader, was the one who called for war with Iraq in the first place.

I assume that China has voted Lib Dem since 2001 if he's so concerned about the war in Iraq.
(02-14-2020, 01:58 PM)The liquidator Wrote: Can you tell me again please who was in charge of the country please as they make the final decision on things

That's an interesting observation from somebody who spent most of 2019 blaming Labour for stopping Brexit.
(02-14-2020, 02:16 PM)Ossian Wrote:

That's an interesting observation from somebody who spent most of 2019 blaming Labour for stopping Brexit.

And strictly speaking its the Queen anyway
(02-14-2020, 11:32 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: And anyway my post was more a go at the patronising tone of your post. Perhaps Javid should have joined the Labour Party, if you are the son of  a bus driver you may have more of a chance of holding onto a top post.

There's nothing patronising about my tone. My mate has just won Birmingham Northfield. He went to a school where only 12% of kids got 5+ GCSEs at A-C. He was brought up in a single parent household in Kingstanding. He stood for Council 4 times in Kingstanding before winning the seat for the Tories in the face of the most rancid homophobic abuse from the Labour Party.

Stick your lazy 'born to rule' bollocks up your arse pal.

This is why the Left lost and will continue to lose.
[Image: EQwlCOGXUAAVBLq?format=jpg&name=4096x4096]
(02-15-2020, 10:29 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(02-14-2020, 11:32 AM)Shabby Russian Wrote: And anyway my post was more a go at the patronising tone of your post. Perhaps Javid should have joined the Labour Party, if you are the son of  a bus driver you may have more of a chance of holding onto a top post.

There's nothing patronising about my tone. My mate has just won Birmingham Northfield. He went to a school where only 12% of kids got 5+ GCSEs at A-C. He was brought up in a single parent household in Kingstanding. He stood for Council 4 times in Kingstanding before winning the seat for the Tories in the face of the most rancid homophobic abuse from the Labour Party.

Stick your lazy 'born to rule' bollocks up your arse pal.

This is why the Left lost and will continue to lose.

Just some observations
1- you may not have intended to be patronising but that's how it came across.
2 - you brought up Javid's background not anyone else. I just pointed out that the majority of the cabinet were privately educated. In fairness the Conservatives are not unlike many other organisations in this country where the highest posts/jobs are held disproportionately by people who were privately educated. And again in fairness to the Parliamentary Conservative Party has never been more diverse, but that has yet to be reflected in the cabinet. Sunak is a prime example of this, part of the 2015 intake, given a safe seat and once elected fast tracked into the cabinet, no doubt aided and abetted by connections made throughout his life, head boy at Winchester College, PPE at Cambridge etc. We will see if any of the 2019 intake that included people from more 'normal' backgrounds are similarly fast tracked in the same way that Sunak has been.
3 - Your opening post also hinted at a cynicism in politics that is to be deplored, the don't cross the unelected 'power behind the throne' because they will get you in ways that you could not imagine. I hope you don't approve. And if the time ever comes you wouldn't be prepared to secretly tape a conversation with a Labour friend and run off to Guido with it.
4 - I haven't voted Labour since 1992 and I am tempted to start a thread explaining why.
The new Chancellor. 

[Image: EQ1eZCaWoAQC1_-?format=jpg&name=medium]
(02-13-2020, 02:51 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 01:32 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: If that's the case I take it you don't approve of Dom.

Having Dom at the heart of goverment only comes second to being there myself. He's great.

I'm sorry to see Saj resign, but delighted that he held two of the great offices of state as a second generation working class Muslim.

(02-13-2020, 02:11 PM)Logic1 Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 01:00 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 12:34 PM)Logic1 Wrote: Quite clear that Sajid is one of the biggest charlatans there has ever been. He can't even string a sentence together.

He seemed very capable of stringing several sentences together when I was chatting to him the other night. Maybe it's you.

You need to disassociate yourself from him now. His career in politics is over. Good old Dom has sorted him out, let's hope he does the same with the other libertarian fantasist like Steve Baker etc.

Saj? Libertarian fantasist? You're hilarious. Stop it. Next you'll be telling me economics is a science again.

I thought this deserved a bump.
(11-15-2020, 01:14 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 02:51 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 01:32 PM)Shabby Russian Wrote: If that's the case I take it you don't approve of Dom.

Having Dom at the heart of goverment only comes second to being there myself. He's great.

I'm sorry to see Saj resign, but delighted that he held two of the great offices of state as a second generation working class Muslim.

(02-13-2020, 02:11 PM)Logic1 Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 01:00 PM)Protheroe Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 12:34 PM)Logic1 Wrote: Quite clear that Sajid is one of the biggest charlatans there has ever been. He can't even string a sentence together.

He seemed very capable of stringing several sentences together when I was chatting to him the other night. Maybe it's you.

You need to disassociate yourself from him now. His career in politics is over. Good old Dom has sorted him out, let's hope he does the same with the other libertarian fantasist like Steve Baker etc.

Saj? Libertarian fantasist? You're hilarious. Stop it. Next you'll be telling me economics is a science again.

I thought this deserved a bump.

Arf let’s not forget he was / is very comfortable with contracts given without tender to companies with links to his former party... let’s see how that plays out this year and next when the Covid droplets settle.
Derek you seem very angry these days.