Summer Transfer Window Thread
(08-12-2021, 09:47 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 09:45 AM)Sliced Wrote: I have a feeling that there's a couple of loan strikers that we're looking at, but may have to wait until the end of the window.

IMO if Liam Delap comes in we should still be looking at someone else more experienced

+1 would be foolish pinning our hopes on someone who’s never played above under 23 level.

Elsewhere, Ramsdale to Arsenal off. Where does this leave Sam?

I’m sure we’ll see him go to Arsenal for £3m directly to Lai Smile

I’m relatively convinced we will sign a couple of loan players at the end of the window and then plead poverty again come January.
(08-12-2021, 10:07 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 09:47 AM)Dumbo Wrote:
(08-12-2021, 09:45 AM)Sliced Wrote: I have a feeling that there's a couple of loan strikers that we're looking at, but may have to wait until the end of the window.

IMO if Liam Delap comes in we should still be looking at someone else more experienced

+1 would be foolish pinning our hopes on someone who’s never played above under 23 level.

Elsewhere, Ramsdale to Arsenal off. Where does this leave Sam?

I’m sure we’ll see him go to Arsenal for £3m directly to Lai Smile

I’m relatively convinced we will sign a couple of loan players at the end of the window and then plead poverty again come January.

I think Arse will now move for Sam. Shame as I think we had a chance of keeping him. Not convinced by Button at all.
Hopefully Arse will sign a crap foreign keeper as usual, and Sam stays.
(08-12-2021, 10:21 AM)MrFizz Wrote: Hopefully Arse will sign a crap foreign keeper as usual, and Sam stays.

Or buy a good foreign keeper, never play him then flog him to Villa on the cheap.
On an unrelated note, have we not paid Ron Gourlay’s expenses yet, or has he been given the old Fax Machine from JP’s office as part of his work from home arrangement? He doesn’t seem to be adding much to our recruitment.

Other than not to the best of my knowledge, having told Sam Johnstone he’s shit, to blame for relegation and needs to leave he’s almost filled the role Terraneo managed for a couple of months to perfection.
Have we all just given up on the idea of us actually signing anyone?
(08-17-2021, 10:33 AM)Duffers Wrote: Have we all just given up on the idea of us actually signing anyone?

Pretty much. Although i expect a couple of last-minute loans.
(08-17-2021, 10:33 AM)Duffers Wrote: Have we all just given up on the idea of us actually signing anyone?

Yes… didn’t need my magic seeing stone to know we wouldn’t actually spend any money this summer and would just throw a bit of cash at loanees.

Fulham taking their spending to over £20m today signing some Brazilian “wonderkid” and Sheff Utd are close to a Peruvian “wonder kid” and trying to get Diallo from United.

No doubt André Gray will rock up to drain our resources for no return on deadline day.
(08-17-2021, 12:16 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Yes… didn’t need my magic seeing stone to know we wouldn’t actually spend any money this summer and would just throw a bit of cash at loanees.

Fulham taking their spending to over £20m today signing some Brazilian “wonderkid” and Sheff Utd are close to a Peruvian “wonder kid” and trying to get Diallo from United.

No doubt André Gray will rock up to drain our resources for no return on deadline day.

Forgive me for being too scared by nameless “wonder kids”.
(08-17-2021, 12:16 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Peruvian “wonder kid” Big GrinBig GrinBig Grin