Summer Transfer Window Thread
Seeing as every thread descends into who we want to sign I thought this might be a good idea. 

I'm sure it'll get lost over time but I will bump it every now and again unless a Mod wants to sticky it!
Ben Foster if Watford are relegated?
(07-24-2020, 01:47 PM)WBA Baracus Wrote: Ben Foster if Watford are relegated?

I'm totally mixed about that BA. ON the one hand he still looks decent but I'm really not sure if he or we should go back.

If he was cheap and realistic wages then as a no 2 he'd be great. I want SJ replaced though. Really not a fan.
Would you take Dejan Lovren for £11mil? He's 31.
Main priorities should be getting in players on 3 or 4 year deals and keeping the core of the squad together. Then, if we stay up we have a good base to build on and if we go down we will be in a position to come back up again with a similar core.

Main priorities should be both full backs, a winger, an advanced midfielder and a striker and then build some depth with how much we have left. A new first choice keeper would be nice but I really don't think it should be a priority, but it might be worth looking at Rajkovic from Stade de Reims? Would be a real coup, he's 24, he's been statistically the best keeper in Ligue 1 and his club, Stade de Reims, said they have some cashflow issues.
(07-24-2020, 03:45 PM)mattaky Wrote: Would you take Dejan Lovren for £11mil? He's 31.

No.

We don't have the money to pay big fees and high wages for players with no resale.

As arbitrary as it feels, whist we bring the age of the squad down we need rules like "no fees for players over 28"
(07-24-2020, 03:45 PM)mattaky Wrote: Would you take Dejan Lovren for £11mil? He's 31.

Not a chance. Never rated him much in the first place and I honestly don't think he's any better than Hegazi now.

I'm much more concerned about prioritising strikers tbh. We need at least 2 good ones bought in. Really wouldn't surprise me if we try to bring Ajeti in on loan with a view to perm. 

We tried so hard to get him and Bilic wanted him badly last summer before West Ham nicked him. He's hardly kicked a ball so read into that what you will but I wouldn't be surprised at all to see us give him a go.

Yes, 1 season contract plus GK Coach designate offer. 

Deulofeu on loan or permanent if a deal can be done.  Currently recovering from an ACL but should be back for October.

They have a number of players worth considering but I would take Wellbeck straight away. He has had a few seasons of injury upset but he is a top striker if we could get him fit and provide the service.
Big +1 for Welbeck. He's no Sturridge when it comes to injuries. 

I'd be looking for 7 main signings.

2 strikers Welbeck and Gayle
Robinson
Diangana.
Krov
1 Yacob of old.
1 RB or CB. Preferably CB

I can see the arguments for wanting to strengthen the defence but I'd be willing to give the current lot a go. Furlong/Townsend both relatively young. Townsend seems to be improving a lot. Hegazi, Ajayi and Bartley are fairly similar in level but all of them have different attributes. O'Shea can cover there of course. Gibbs is Gibbs. If we did get the list I mentioned, defence would probably be the weak point but it's a sacrifice I'd make to improve the other areas. 

Not a chance anyway that we'd go for both Welbeck and Gayle. Purely fantasy land.