Next Season
(04-24-2020, 07:50 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 07:38 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 07:21 PM)DAVE Wrote: Love armchair epidemiologists. Remi has it pretty fucking close. Nobody knows.

Nobody knows we are all guessing - But the 1% does equate to 3 million having already have been infected in the UK.
Nobody believes that even them? I think most people accept approx 20,000 declared hospital deaths are true and upto 
10,000 others, from care homes and normal home, etc, etc
So I'm guesstimating approx 30,000 have passed and a complete shot in the dark by me that 1 million have been infected.
If for example you thought 1/2 million had been infected the death rate would be 6% 
Anyway that's where I get my 3% from. Hence I cannot see 1% being anywhere near the mark.
I'm sorry but the other posters numbers make no sense even to a numerical idiot like me.
If you believe 3 million have been infected the death rate is 1%
If you believe 1 million have been infected the death rate is 3%
Take your pick.  
My penny is fine. Big Grin

That’s not taking into account improvements in treatment as the months go by. Plus the figures are death with corona, not from corona. 1% seems to be the average predicted by scientists if you look it up. Even less if anything. So if it is laughable, there’s a hell of a lot of scientists seem to have a laughable opinion.

Even you cannot see into the future. Just stick with todays numbers.
Do you honestly believe 3 million have already been infected in the UK?
I think I’m going to delete this thread just to piss people off Big Grin
(04-24-2020, 08:01 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 07:50 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 07:38 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(04-24-2020, 07:21 PM)DAVE Wrote: Love armchair epidemiologists. Remi has it pretty fucking close. Nobody knows.

Nobody knows we are all guessing - But the 1% does equate to 3 million having already have been infected in the UK.
Nobody believes that even them? I think most people accept approx 20,000 declared hospital deaths are true and upto 
10,000 others, from care homes and normal home, etc, etc
So I'm guesstimating approx 30,000 have passed and a complete shot in the dark by me that 1 million have been infected.
If for example you thought 1/2 million had been infected the death rate would be 6% 
Anyway that's where I get my 3% from. Hence I cannot see 1% being anywhere near the mark.
I'm sorry but the other posters numbers make no sense even to a numerical idiot like me.
If you believe 3 million have been infected the death rate is 1%
If you believe 1 million have been infected the death rate is 3%
Take your pick.  
My penny is fine. Big Grin

That’s not taking into account improvements in treatment as the months go by. Plus the figures are death with corona, not from corona. 1% seems to be the average predicted by scientists if you look it up. Even less if anything. So if it is laughable, there’s a hell of a lot of scientists seem to have a laughable opinion.

Even you cannot see into the future. Just stick with todays numbers.
Do you honestly believe 3 million have already been infected in the UK?

If you stick with today’s numbers the answer comes out wrong though, that’s the point.

3M infected is possible if 50% are asymptomatic like they’ve found in Iceland with extensive testing.

I can’t see onto the future, my point was the 20% figures were meaningless. The 1% figure seems to be a common prediction amongst experts.

Read this, it explains it far better than I can. And this article was a few weeks ago, projections have improved since.

Coronavirus: How to understand the death toll https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-51979654
Seems to me that we don't have any idea what's what unless we test to find out who really has the virus. Here we are testing very few people and reporting only hospital deaths. It's impossible to base any strategy on such shoddy data. Basically we Brits have become useless at actually doing anything.

They seem to be spreading exponentially.
(04-11-2020, 09:32 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: Until there is a vaccination for coronavirus I honestly can’t see large gatherings being allowed else the virus will just spread like wildfire again. 

I think social distancing will be here for quite a while.

I now worry how clubs that depend on attendance money will survive
With infection rates rising and groups of up to 30 people allowed to congregate being reduced to 6 from Monday, I can’t see any fans being allowed in to grounds any time soon.
(09-09-2020, 09:31 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: With infection rates rising and groups of up to 30 people allowed to heterosexual being reduced to 6 from Monday, I can’t see any fans being allowed in to grounds any time soon.

What about the gays?
(09-09-2020, 09:50 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(09-09-2020, 09:31 AM)Fulham Fallout Wrote: With infection rates rising and groups of up to 30 people allowed to heterosexual being reduced to 6 from Monday, I can’t see any fans being allowed in to grounds any time soon.

What about the gays?

Big Grin  I hate auto correct
Told yis

https://www.birminghammail.co.uk/sport/f...m-18906913