Classic Cars.......
(04-03-2020, 08:56 PM)Brandywell Wrote: I have a Austin Healey 3000 convertible and a works mini clubman tucked away

Got any pictures ?
A friend of mine in France purchased a AH 3000 18 months ago from the UK
It is immaculate, but cost him £28K big money
AH3000 are very collectable. Always have been, and yeah, £££.
Not liking my link for some reason so photo won't upload will try again tomorrow

My dad brought it back from the states and restored it
(04-03-2020, 09:41 PM)Brandywell Wrote: Not liking my link for some reason so photo won't upload will try again tomorrow

My dad brought it back from the states and restored it

It took me 3 attempts to get mine to upload. The Classic car market in the UK has peaked and hardly any genuine bargains come up now. In France many families have Classic cars which show up at local Fates. They tend to never sell them, they are part of the family. And they ain't all 2CV's.
You should mark this post F.A.O Ferenc. I have had many, mainly British, and am currently on the look out for others but I can't hold a candle to some of the beauties he has had.
[Image: p3876157842-2.jpg]

Finally........

The front bumpers were off when I took the pic so had to cable tie the plate onto go for a quick run Smile
I used to have Hillman Imps and Triumph 2500s. But I got fed up with adjusting points every weekend about 30 years ago.

As it happens, on our legitimate stroll around the village today, we walked past a Ford Consul Mk2 Low-Line in Lincoln Green - spitting image of my Dad's new company car in 1959 - I'll never forget the light catching the shiny chrome grille as he turned into the drive the first time. With hindsight, it must have been a set-up to show the car off to the kids, because he usually reversed the car in.
Where’s Minstrel these days? He could tell you a bit about his cars.
Love this thread.
(04-03-2020, 07:10 PM)Arti Wrote: Pendine Sands.  I marshall a VHRA event there each summer.  Pre-'49 vintage hotrod races.  It's a huge thing for us to be allowed to use this beach as it was where the world land speed records were held in the 1920s.

Used to go there a lot.

Last visit was Good Friday, around 5 years ago, when we toured south Wales then headed up the coast to Portmeirion for Easter.