Classic Cars.......
Anybody on here got one?  Cool
Got a couple of bikes from the 70's but no cars.
I was a lover of the Reliant Scimitar and had several. My convertable was a great car in the Summer.
Modded on two of the forum's for a while. CCS on are almost every week in the summer, but guess this years are all
cancelled. Few of my cars on RSSOC WM site.
https://rssocmidlandswest.com/club-cars/
Love them but with vans, car and wifes' car on the drive, there just ain't the room. I always used to dabble though, mainly doing them up myself.
I've had the Porche 924 and briefly a 944. Various old Mercs (all classics in my eyes). Namely a 300E with 250k miles on it and it drove like new. A 190 that I wish I'd kept as they look proper retro now. A CLK that I could never tire of looking at. An SL, old style, actually it looked better than it actually was- and it rotted quite badly. But the star of them, for me was a 500 S class, absolutely amazing motor. I didn't have them all at the same time, I should add, and never paid more than a few grand and regularly, a few hundred. . It could have been like Tom Waits said "If I had the money, I'd buy a used car lot and wouldn't sell any of them. I'd just drive a different one every day."
Yup, though more hotrod orientated than classic. Been in to it since I was in my mid-teens.
Currently running an American '38 Ford sedan fitted with an early ('56) small block chevy engine. Have also had several Model A's, a '56 F100 truck that was my daily car for 12 years, Morris Minors, a 100E, and a Volvo Amazon.
Oh yeah, stick a Morris Minor on my list! Also had a mini, although it wasn't a classic back then, just a car!
[Image: 20170624_114952_zpsjcwwygct.jpg]

That's my current money trap, the '38.
(04-03-2020, 02:26 PM)Arti Wrote: [Image: 20170624_114952_zpsjcwwygct.jpg]

That's my current money trap,  the '38.

Nice Smile
Cheers, yeah, love it. Most of my other classics have been down and dirty, so it's nice to have something with a bit of suspension and comfy seats.

[Image: IMAG0029.jpg]

This was the truck I ran as a daily for years. Had a 2.5di from a Transit fitted, so was bloody slow but got you everywhere you needed for pennies. Literally ran on fumes.
(04-03-2020, 02:28 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-03-2020, 02:26 PM)Arti Wrote: [Image: 20170624_114952_zpsjcwwygct.jpg]

That's my current money trap,  the '38.

Nice Smile

That just needs a butler with an umbrella and you have a classic Jack Vettriano painting.   Very stylish.