Krov
Krov still has plenty to prove. He’s been in and out the team and has often been weak in possession. The last two games he’s been brilliant but he still has plenty to prove before I’d worry about Benfica not selling him for a relatively small fee in today’s market. He only played 4 times for them last season and according to some sites they only paid 3 million for him.
(02-13-2020, 01:10 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: They were doubling up on Sawyers early in the first half (their CF was dropping a little deep), he had no space. He came alive for a while and that was when we played our best stuff, IMO.

As you said in another post either side of half time he had the space to thread those balls and take some nice 1-2s. Can go missing for periods but in the last 2 weeks Livermore has done so much work Sawyers can ride those moments out.
(02-13-2020, 07:12 AM)aj21 Wrote: Krov still has plenty to prove. He’s been in and out the team and has often been weak in possession. The last two games he’s been brilliant but he still has plenty to prove before I’d worry about Benfica not selling him for a relatively small fee in today’s market. He only played 4 times for them last season and according to some sites they only paid 3 million for him.

Agreed
(02-13-2020, 01:51 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 11:53 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I reckon if we try Benfica with a cheeky 5/6m bid they would be tempted to take it.

Fuck me, this is like a thread on Seal Talk. Let's spunk a quick £200M whilst we are at it.
Our team is likely to be worse next year, because if we are promoted then we are competition. Look at the Seals over the past 2 years. Abraham went back, no option, as did Tusnxabie. Snodgrass is at West Ham. Terry retired. 

If you have cash in The Chump, you will get better players than if you are a lower placed  Prem rival. There is no way sheff would have loaned Villa Robinson. Thry are a direct rival.

I'm not sure I understand your response there Kit Kat, I was merely saying if we tempted Benfica at the end of the season with a reasonable price for Krov (considering they only paid 3M for him as mentioned on this thread) they'd think about it.

If you asked Krov directly if he would stay if we got promoted it would be a resounding yes, it certainly looks like he's enjoying the club, fans and the football. It wouldn't be a bad piece of business to buy him, he's clearly a talent and could probably do it in the prem. Just a bit of a shame theres no option to buy which would've of course made things easier if we did want to buy him at the end of the season, as he certainly wouldn't have cost 10/15M - which as aj21 mentions Benefica could be inclined raise the price.
(02-13-2020, 08:11 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(02-12-2020, 11:53 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: I reckon if we try Benfica with a cheeky 5/6m bid they would be tempted to take it.

Fuck me, this is like a thread on Seal Talk. Let's spunk a quick £200M whilst we are at it.
Our team is likely to be worse next year, because if we are promoted then we are competition. Look at the Seals over the past 2 years. Abraham went back, no option, as did Tusnxabie. Snodgrass is at West Ham. Terry retired. 

If you have cash in The Chump, you will get better players than if you are a lower placed  Prem rival. There is no way sheff would have loaned Villa Robinson. Thry are a direct rival.

I'm not sure I understand your response there Kit Kat, I was merely saying if we tempted Benfica at the end of the season with a reasonable price for Krov (considering they only paid 3M for him as mentioned on this thread) they'd think about it.

If you asked Krov directly if he would stay if we got promoted it would be a resounding yes, it certainly looks like he's enjoying the club, fans and the football. It wouldn't be a bad piece of business to buy him, he's clearly a talent and could probably do it in the prem. Just a bit of a shame theres no option to buy which would've of course made things easier if we did want to buy him at the end of the season, as he certainly wouldn't have cost 10/15M - which as aj21 mentions Benefica could be inclined raise the price.
Don't disagree, Saus.

The point I was making (that Prag made better) is that we will struggle to get players like this if we are a division higher. More competition, and Prem teams won't want to loan to us. Benfica have given no indication they wish to sell, and if they do, they will want more (I think) than the £9M we have mugged Pereira for.
(02-13-2020, 07:00 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 03:26 AM)Everything Zin Wrote:

Errr, how exactly would we be a rival to Benfica?

Both are valid points.  We’d struggle to get quality loans from Prem clubs (and aren’t we limited to two anyway?) but getting in players from non-competing players abroad has more chance.

Krov would be a very good signing if we could buy him at an affordable price, but I suspect Benfica will have worked out already that they could sell him to other Prem clubs for a chunky fee.  A shame we don’t have an option to buy!

The time to have bought Krov was on 1 Jan when he was shit. Wink

However, there was no guarantee we would have seen what we have in the last few games. If we're all honest he's probably surprised us all, but maybe he always had confidence in himself and knew he was a good player just needed the chance.

Unfortunately his stock has now risen considerably.

Not sure why we didn't go for a similar deal to Pereira but maybe there were concerns over his fitness as he was out last season with a cruciate.
With Krov enjoying his time with us, with a reasonable bid (£6m) giving Benfica a chance to double up on the £3m they paid for him.
He should be ours for the taking. Although the vultures will be tempting us with big bids for Pereira.
(02-13-2020, 12:07 AM)oldun Wrote:

Could he do the Sawyers job? thinking about the players to come in and Romain a bit off the pace currently?

This season has shown that it is a team effort. However, it is also showing that this bored seems to need someone to complain about....

SJ - seems to be OK again
HRK - has gone from a joke to someone we all like
Krov - useless only plays it backwards and sideways, no attacking threat, now viewed as decent.
Livermore - lazy, useless doesn't lead...now player of the season again...
Bartley - drop him for Hegazi
Semi - drop him for Hegazi
and on and on until...
Sawyers is now the current useless sod who needs dropping.

Zohore - well every rule has an exception!
(02-13-2020, 07:12 AM)aj21 Wrote: Krov still has plenty to prove. He’s been in and out the team and has often been weak in possession. The last two games he’s been brilliant but he still has plenty to prove before I’d worry about Benfica not selling him for a relatively small fee in today’s market. He only played 4 times for them last season and according to some sites they only paid 3 million for him.

+1

If we didn't have a deal in place for MP that would be a killer.

In Krov's case if we match any team's bid then he's going to choose us anyway.
(02-13-2020, 01:04 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 07:00 AM)Pragmatist Wrote:
(02-13-2020, 03:26 AM)Everything Zin Wrote:

Errr, how exactly would we be a rival to Benfica?

Both are valid points.  We’d struggle to get quality loans from Prem clubs (and aren’t we limited to two anyway?) but getting in players from non-competing players abroad has more chance.

Krov would be a very good signing if we could buy him at an affordable price, but I suspect Benfica will have worked out already that they could sell him to other Prem clubs for a chunky fee.  A shame we don’t have an option to buy!

The time to have bought Krov was on 1 Jan when he was shit. Wink

However, there was no guarantee we would have seen what we have in the last few games. If we're all honest he's probably surprised us all, but maybe he always had confidence in himself and knew he was a good player just needed the chance.

Unfortunately his stock has now risen considerably.

Not sure why we didn't go for a similar deal to Pereira but maybe there were concerns over his fitness as he was out last season with a cruciate.

Nope, I'm not surprised I liked him from the first time he played. I thought he needed a bit of bedding in and now that has happened and we once again have outlets, now we are seeing what he can do.

i think the Pereira deal was complicated enough without trying to add stuff to it.