Mascots....
(02-10-2020, 11:04 AM)karlalb10n Wrote: Is there an age limit? I want to hold Matheus Pereira's hand 

Yours, Philip Schofield

Matthew McGreevy wont like that
It was free when I did it but that was 32 years ago.

We played Shrewsbury and won 4-0 from memory. Tony Kelly was our captain and the referee gave us the 50p that he tossed for kick off. We got the pre match photograph and access to the home team dressing room for a bit too but that was it. Still remember leading them out now.
(02-10-2020, 11:22 AM)Lightnin Wrote: It was free when I did it but that was 32 years ago.

We played Shrewsbury and won 4-0 from memory. Tony Kelly was our captain and the referee gave us the 50p that he tossed for kick off. We got the pre match photograph and access to the home team dressing room for a bit too but that was it. Still remember leading them out now.

2nd Jan 89 I think?  My first game at the Hawthorns if so.  David Moyes scored a cracking headed own goal

My lad's Mom has booked him as mascot for the upcoming Blues game.  He is nearly 12 and pretty tall for his age so I've told him to try and get next to Krovinovic or Pereira for the comedy value.  I'm a little worried about him tripping down the stairs and skittling half the team live on Sky
(02-10-2020, 10:52 AM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Think it was £250 when my eldest was mascot 2 seasons ago. My dad paid for it (as he has for all his Grandsons stretching back to a 3-0 win over Forest in December 2000).
My lad is the Albion mascot on Wednesday. But that was a freebie, won via a competition on the Albion website.

My lad won the competition to be mascot at Bolton on boxing day under RDM. It was an absolutely brilliant experience for both of us. Scharner in particular was brilliant with him, as was Carson who was skipper at the time.
My Daughter was mascot for Moores last game!!
(02-10-2020, 01:27 PM)Baggie Rick Wrote: My Daughter was mascot for Moores last game!!

My lad was mascot for his first game  Big Grin (Swansea at home)
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-ma...r-51586060

Fantastic -  be great if we could do something similar.
I was 37 and led them out onto Molineux. Felt noncey tbh.
My son was mascot against Spurs about 4 years ago. Was an amazing day. We live down south so was an important part of sealing the deal and fully indoctrinating him in the misery of following the Albion.
My daughter was mascot for Andy Johnson’s first game, Pompey away, and Mooro had just signed too.
Good thing Andy’s language was tempered.

But why I was typing... ManU had elderly/lonely as mascots today? That’s a great idea, I have to say. Give lifelong supporters a sense of belonging. Us lot who go to games alone would appreciate this big time I think & it would give a good message from the club. I often wonder what percentage of our fans are there by themselves like me. It didn’t matter when we stood and bounced together, but now with seating and stewarding it can be a pretty alien place when on your tod.