Team News
(02-02-2020, 10:20 AM)Sliced Wrote: So we're not allowed to comment on team selection anymore unless the comment is "well, Slav is the manager, it's not for me to have an opinion"? I haven't slagged him off or claimed greater knowledge than the manager, I've literally just said, IMO we should have played XYZ. 

I quite enjoy looking back on the team selection thread after a win too, but we've hardly won any games recently so criticism is understandable. 

I stick by what I said too, Slav did exactly as predicted and maybe it will have given the regulars some confidence back. Furlong is still better than OShea at fullback

Well said.

It’s all about opinions, and the vast majority at 2pm yesterday we were a little confused to say the least at Slav’s persistence with SJ, O’Shea in at right back, the absence of Grosicki and the continued presence of the Livermore-Sawyers partnership.

As it happened Luton were woeful and none of the above was particularly exposed and Grosicki’s absence was cleared up as an administrative error.

We didn’t play brilliantly, but we got the points which is all that matters. I don’t see anyone on here writing off the game or moaning, just simply highlighting what seemed an odd selection given recent concerns.

The next 3 are far bigger tests however.
(02-02-2020, 12:06 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(02-02-2020, 10:20 AM)Sliced Wrote: So we're not allowed to comment on team selection anymore unless the comment is "well, Slav is the manager, it's not for me to have an opinion"? I haven't slagged him off or claimed greater knowledge than the manager, I've literally just said, IMO we should have played XYZ. 

I quite enjoy looking back on the team selection thread after a win too, but we've hardly won any games recently so criticism is understandable. 

I stick by what I said too, Slav did exactly as predicted and maybe it will have given the regulars some confidence back. Furlong is still better than OShea at fullback

Well said.

It’s all about opinions, and the vast majority at 2pm yesterday we were a little confused to say the least at Slav’s persistence with SJ, O’Shea in at right back, the absence of Grosicki and the continued presence of the Livermore-Sawyers partnership.

As it happened Luton were woeful and none of the above was particularly exposed and Grosicki’s absence was cleared up as an administrative error.

We didn’t play brilliantly, but we got the points which is all that matters. I don’t see anyone on here writing off the game or moaning, just simply highlighting what seemed an odd selection given recent concerns.

The next 3 are far bigger tests however.

This is also a good point, Luton were genuinely terrible. Next week will present some more difficult challenges.
(02-01-2020, 08:45 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: Amazing how many have no opinion at all on here, but can't help but having a go at those that do.
Sad people.

Out of interest, what team would you have picked yesterday?