VAR...again
and another one in the man city game for sheff U
(12-29-2019, 06:31 PM)fbaggy Wrote: and another one in the man city game for sheff U

Plus chalking off that great goal for Norwich, in cricket they have "umpires call" if for instance the ball was less than half in contact with the wicket, can't they do sometihing similar in football, allowing the officilals opinion to count? Otherwise we may just as well have the match refereed from the studio by a panel
and now Man City get a goal allowed after the ball hit the ref and created the move should have been a drop ball

"a drop ball awarded if the ball hits the referee and goes to the other team as a result"

its all a fix
(12-29-2019, 07:14 PM)fbaggy Wrote: and now Man City get a goal allowed after the ball hit the ref and created the move should have been a drop ball

"a drop ball awarded if the ball hits the referee and goes to the other team as a result"

its all a fix

Yep.
Klopp has commented to the effect that he understands why Wolves would be upset, but VAR decisions are not down to them.
(12-29-2019, 05:27 PM)foreveralbion Wrote: clear and obvious?

I said the same thing earlier, how can they introduce the tech and fail to use it in the way they set out to?
I thought the point of VAR was to remove or at least greatly reduce the number of controversial decisions. It is failing on that score and is also ruining the enjoyment and spontaneity of the game. Get rid of it, it’s making things worse, not better
(12-29-2019, 05:22 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote:
(12-29-2019, 05:20 PM)Cunninghamismagic Wrote: Liverpool getting all the decisions shocker

Both decisions were correct. 

Wolves players need to stop moaning.

Rubbish. The technology for offsides would require an incredibly close zoom on the exact time, to the millisecond, that the ball is deemed to have left the passer's boot, so that the line for offside is certain to have been drawn in exactly the correct place. This doesn't happen, so the decisions are simply guesswork, if the fractions of millimetres involved are to be taken into account..
As another poster has commented, a frame earlier or later would give a different result when such small amounts are involved.
I’m reliably informed by a high level ref that the phrase “clear and obvious” doesn’t apply anywhere in the offside rule re VAR.

Yes, it surprised me. However it appears to be a binary decision - it’s either offside or it’s not.

A complete dog’s dinner.
VAR clearly skewed in favour of the big clubs, especially the South Coast powerhouses...

https://www.planetfootball.com/quick-rea...-from-var/