Taken from a Birmingham live article.
I had a racist uncle from Walsall, long since gone, who blew a gasket when I said how good Regis, Cunningham and Batson were, when I was a kid.
He used to say :" Those darkies are a flash in the pan. They won't handle the cold weather....blah, blah,blah."
That was 40 years ago so it's surprising some are still stuck in that era.
I took the comment to be about the style of their play, rather than a dig at their race?
Clarnet v2.0
(12-09-2019, 01:42 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: @KRLUFC67: If we keep up with West Brom it’s simple we go up too . Looks like we going to be the only team capable of beating them but then let’s see how they fare as the weather gets colder and windy ? Pereira and Diangana won’t like the cold surely

Why on earth would the cold overly bother a lad raised in Woolwich Big Grin

There was a match earlier in the season, Diangana was being given a talking to by
The ref and the commentator said something along the lines of he didn’t know how good Dianganas English was so might not understand the ref.
(12-09-2019, 07:38 PM)Boutros Wrote:
(12-09-2019, 01:42 PM)cornishbaggie Wrote: @KRLUFC67: If we keep up with West Brom it’s simple we go up too . Looks like we going to be the only team capable of beating them but then let’s see how they fare as the weather gets colder and windy ? Pereira and Diangana won’t like the cold surely

Why on earth would the cold overly bother a lad raised in Woolwich Big Grin

There was a match earlier in the season, Diangana was being given a talking to by
The ref and the commentator said something along the lines of he didn’t know how good Dianganas English was so might not understand the ref.
Even listening to white kids around Solihull born in England I think the same as the commentator.
(12-09-2019, 02:40 PM)Ampadu\s Left Boot Wrote: Pereira had a season on loan in Germany, I've heard it can get quite cold there too.

Ron fugging Noades
Ben White, that centre half they’ve got on loan from Brighton. He’ll struggle too with the wet and cold surely as every time I’ve been to Brighton it’s been baking hot
(12-09-2019, 10:22 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Ben White, that centre half they’ve got on loan from Brighton. He’ll struggle too with the wet and cold surely as every time I’ve been to Brighton it’s been baking hot

Big Grin Big Grin
(12-09-2019, 07:30 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: I had a racist uncle from Walsall, long since gone, who blew a gasket when I said how good Regis, Cunningham and Batson were, when I was a kid.
He used to say :" Those darkies are a flash in the pan. They won't handle the cold weather....blah, blah,blah."
That was 40 years ago so it's surprising some are still stuck in that era.

Talking of stereotypes,

Particularly in America, I've had some genuinely surprised comments I could swim anything other than doggy paddle

But by far the most common is the looks of disbelief when they see me on the dancefloor and find I am a truly shit dancer.

I'm not kidding, the second happens almost every time no matter who I'm with or how intelligent they're supposed to be. In all fairness, a fair few of my black friends are also astonished...