General Election Allsorts
I watched the debate last night and the interviews with the leaders later on. What did people think?

I was most impressed by Sian Berry. Bright and engaging, answered the questions head on and honestly. Fair enough, the Greens have least to lose*, so they can afford to be honest, but it was a refreshing change from the rest of them, I thought.

*except perhaps the Brexit Party, with no MPs to lose, but that's not an excuse for Nigel to appear shifty.
(11-20-2019, 01:12 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: I watched the debate last night and the interviews with the leaders later on. What did people think?

I was most impressed by Sian Berry. Bright and engaging, answered the questions head on and honestly. Fair enough, the Greens have least to lose*, so they can afford to be honest, but it was a refreshing change from the rest of them, I thought.

*except perhaps the Brexit Party, with no MPs to lose, but that's not an excuse for Nigel to appear shifty.

Farage came across as lying, shifty snot gobbling. He said he was bribed to be quiet and go to the house of lords. He's a shitbag of the highest order.
I see Priti Patel has said today that poverty can't be blamed on the government. Now the reasons for poverty are many and varied and whilst you can't lay blame at one any door necessarily would you not think that as Home Secretary a little bit of empathy and humility around the subject matter would be appropriate?
(11-21-2019, 11:13 AM)billybassett Wrote: I see Priti Patel has said today that poverty can't be blamed on the government. Now the reasons for poverty are many and varied and whilst you can't lay blame at one any door necessarily would you not think that as Home Secretary a little bit of empathy and humility around the subject matter would be appropriate?

Empathy and humility aren't qualities I would associate with that woman, but at least there's an element of consistency there: nothing - not even after nine and a half years - is ever the responsibility of this wretched government.

Some things are still the fault of the previous Labour administration though.
What a vile woman Priti Patel is.
(11-21-2019, 03:23 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: What a vile woman Priti Patel is.

Well that is such a shock  coming from you  Big Grin
(11-21-2019, 03:59 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Well done to Rachel Riley for bravely calling out the racist Corbyn and pinning tweets with plenty of evidence on her Twitter account  fir thise in denial. This- plus the editorial in the London Jewish Chronicle plus all the Labour councillors and MPs evidence - there really is no excuse for burying heads in the sand and pretending a vote for him is not a vote for an anti semite. She will and is getting slaughtered for it of course by pro Corbynites propaganda machine and so I admire her courage for standing up to them and their organisation. Hopefully she wont lose her job but if she does I am sure she will think it is worth it if it helps stop this dangerous man getting to number 10.

Why would she lose her job?
(11-21-2019, 04:06 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 04:02 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(11-21-2019, 03:59 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Well done to Rachel Riley for bravely calling out the racist Corbyn and pinning tweets with plenty of evidence on her Twitter account  fir thise in denial. This- plus the editorial in the London Jewish Chronicle plus all the Labour councillors and MPs evidence - there really is no excuse for burying heads in the sand and pretending a vote for him is not a vote for an anti semite. She will and is getting slaughtered for it of course by pro Corbynites propaganda machine and so I admire her courage for standing up to them and their organisation. Hopefully she wont lose her job but if she does I am sure she will think it is worth it if it helps stop this dangerous man getting to number 10.

Why would she lose her job?
Some are calling for it - hopefully they will be ignored.
I agree - she should be praised for standing up to him and highlighting this.

Why would Channel 4 give a shit about what some randomers on Twitter are screeching? The only way she would lose her job is if she broke her employment terms and I very highly doubt that this would constitute a breach.
(11-21-2019, 03:59 PM)Pickle Rick Wrote: Well done to Rachel Riley for bravely calling out the racist Corbyn and pinning tweets with plenty of evidence on her Twitter account  for those in denial. This - plus the editorial in the London Jewish Chronicle plus all the Labour councillors and MPs evidence - there really is no excuse for burying heads in the sand and pretending a vote for him is not a vote for an anti semite. She will and is getting slaughtered for it of course by pro Corbynites propaganda machine and so I admire her courage for standing up to them and their organisation. Hopefully she wont lose her job but if she does I am sure she will think it is worth it if it helps stop this dangerous man getting to number 10.

She called him out using a photoshopped image of Corbyn at an anti-apartheid rally. 

This is the Thick of It.
(11-21-2019, 04:49 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: She called him out using a photoshopped image of Corbyn at an anti-apartheid rally. 

This is the Thick of It.

And in doing so should have negated any validity her message might have had, but probably didn't. Similar to James Cleverley dancing on the head of a pin over the distinction between 'Doctored' and 'Edited' and then, the following evening, fronting up the Tories supposed 'fact check' antics.

The fact that they're still winning speaks volumes.