Where to watch the Leeds game on Broad Street
(09-29-2019, 12:48 PM)Captain Trunk Wrote: Can anyone recommend somewhere to watch the Leeds game on Broad Street or nearby? I haven't been out on Broad Street for about 20 years, partly because I live in Yorkshire and partly because it's Broad Street, but I'm in Birmingham for a conference at the ICC next week. A quick Google threw up Shooters but their website suggests they're only showing European games. Cheers and that.

Hi Captain Trunk.

Your best bet is to get an Uber to The Sportsman in West Bromwich. They should be showing it. It’s Champions League Night too (Tottenham and Man City) playing too. 

Would call them beforehand to make sure they are showing West Brom game. I can’t see any pubs around Birmingham showing the game.
(09-29-2019, 10:26 PM)5AL Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 12:48 PM)Captain Trunk Wrote: Can anyone recommend somewhere to watch the Leeds game on Broad Street or nearby? I haven't been out on Broad Street for about 20 years, partly because I live in Yorkshire and partly because it's Broad Street, but I'm in Birmingham for a conference at the ICC next week. A quick Google threw up Shooters but their website suggests they're only showing European games. Cheers and that.

Uni of Birmingham freshers week, this week. Just had mine at Aston Uni and all bars and clubs are brimmed with fresher's events. V little chance of the Leeds game being on. At the Gosta Green, however, not too far away they were kind enough to put the QPR game on for us at the weekend.

I think we might have seen you 5AL. I was in there with my son (did you ask us to look after your beer?) watching the match. He's at Aston too (well was, moving to Oxford Brookes for a different course). Shame as he picked Aston so he could see the Baggies! We live in Suffolk.
I also didn't realise the Gosta Green was a Villa boys pub - awkward!
(09-29-2019, 06:36 PM)Toby Jugg Wrote: Old Royal best shout by a mile.

You can move on from there to loads of places to eat.

Old Royal refused to show the Albion game last time I was in there. It was around the 6 nations time and we were at home for the late kick off, after the Rugby had finished and everyone had headed off for the game the old fucker behind the bar said he didn't fancy watching it. I queried that because I thought it was an Albion pub to no avail. Place had been full of Albion ½ hour earlier.
(09-29-2019, 10:26 PM)5AL Wrote:

Uni of Birmingham freshers week, this week. Just had mine at Aston Uni and all bars and clubs are brimmed with fresher's events. V little chance of the Leeds game being on. At the Gosta Green, however, not too far away they were kind enough to put the QPR game on for us at the weekend.

Freshers week/welcome week was last week, undergraduate teaching at UoB started today so I doubt there will be any freshers events.

Related to the OP, does anyone know if there's a pub in and around UoB that is showing the game or should I head over to Moseley?
(09-30-2019, 02:50 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

Old Royal refused to show the Albion game last time I was in there. It was around the 6 nations time and we were at home for the late kick off, after the Rugby had finished and everyone had headed off for the game the old fucker behind the bar said he didn't fancy watching it. I queried that because I thought it was an Albion pub to no avail. Place had been full of Albion ½ hour earlier.

Irish bloke that looks like Harold Shipman? Complete wanker. Has driven loads away from drinking in there.
(09-29-2019, 04:48 PM)Poppy’s dad Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 04:12 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 03:13 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Mooch Bar doesn't exist any more. Isn't it a Coyote Ugly Bar now?

News to me. It was still going when I was last up there around 2/3 months ago so fugg knows.
Mooch deffo gone !! Try the old Royal great pub and will be loads of Albion in, there was yesterday much to the vile’s Fans announce

The bloke who ownes that is a miserable bastard

(09-30-2019, 03:12 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:

Irish bloke that looks like Harold Shipman? Complete wanker. Has driven loads away from drinking in there.

I refuse to go in their he ain't having fuck all off me again I hope it goes bust

The very bloke - The lads I was with decided to leave at that point as he was getting a bit gobby, and it was only going one way. Good move in hindsight but I didn't think that at the time as I'd just had that amount to make me braver than I coujld probably back up  Blush
(09-30-2019, 03:53 PM)baggy1 Wrote:

The very bloke - The lads I was with decided to leave at that point as he was getting a bit gobby, and it was only going one way. Good move in hindsight but I didn't think that at the time as I'd just had that amount to make me braver than I coujld probably back up  Blush
I went in there last season when we played Villa and they weren't showing it either. I remember I asked if the Albion Villa game was on and he looked at me as if I'd asked to see Eintract Frankfurt v Fortuna Dusseldorf!

(09-29-2019, 02:37 PM)Captain Trunk Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 02:26 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 12:56 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 12:54 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(09-29-2019, 12:53 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote: There’s a place opposite the Brass House by the corner of Gas Street and Broad St (it’s directly opposite where the steps go down to the canal by Brindley Place) and they usually show all the Midlands teams when they’re playing... just can’t remember what it’s called.

Think it may be Freshers week however, so you may want to give all the places like Walkabout and O’Neills a miss, but they’ll usually put whatever you want on one of the screens.

Mooch Bar. They’ll have it on.

That’s the one.

I’d grab an Uber to the Old Mo in Balsall Heath and combine the match with a curry, or hop on the tram into West Brom or the Soho Tavern

The Hen and Chickens on Constitution Hill should have it on, if you’re after a curry.

That looks nice. I might give them a call to check tomorrow. Thanks.
That is a good shout. I walked in there a couple of weeks when Derby were playing Cardiff on a Friday- it's a good pub.