Match Thread
So we shouldn't have a penalty because there was no contact but Waghorn's was a "clear penalty" despite there being no contact?
(08-24-2019, 01:43 PM)backsidebaggie Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 01:18 PM)BilstonBaggie Wrote: Derby keeper probably let it in on purpose so he didn’t have to suffer the shame of only pulling off an average penalty save.

Big Grin

'ARF ARF ARF!
(08-24-2019, 01:30 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 01:27 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Hmmmm. A lot to work on.

Disagree. 

We are doing a lot right, but there is no fluidity in our play, that always happens when you have to rebuild an entire team, especially the attacking part, you can drill defense, can't do that for attackers so easily. 

We are unbeaten in the league, we will gain fluidity on attack and gain a killer instinct, just needs time, so long as we are in touch until then we're good.

Good assessment at this stage. As we roll on into Sep and Oct however those problems need to addressed if we are to mount a promotion challenge.
(08-24-2019, 01:55 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 01:30 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 01:27 PM)KratosBaggie Wrote: Hmmmm. A lot to work on.

Disagree. 

We are doing a lot right, but there is no fluidity in our play, that always happens when you have to rebuild an entire team, especially the attacking part, you can drill defense, can't do that for attackers so easily. 

We are unbeaten in the league, we will gain fluidity on attack and gain a killer instinct, just needs time, so long as we are in touch until then we're good.

Good assessment at this stage. As we roll on into Sep and Oct however those problems need to addressed if we are to mount a promotion challenge.

Indeed, if we enter Christmas out of touch with no sign of improvement its time to worry, I very much doubt that will be the case though.
(08-24-2019, 01:41 PM)Cuzer Wrote: Decent enough display from me, we will improve

Final third needs work but have individual players who can make things happen

Thought Semi looked a class above today

Cuzer

He was excellent. Give it time and I think our attacking third could be devastating with a bit of work.
In the form of his life.
A decent point away at a promotion rival, on a ground we were thumped on three months ago...

Yet the moaning and general twattery has been breath taking.
(08-24-2019, 12:37 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 12:27 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: The fact that Waghorn has missed 2 pens this season tells you something.

Regulation save for Johnstone. If he guesses the right way, you would expect a £5M keeper to save it. Very close to him, and no real power. Bang Average save, from a Bang Average keeper.

Fuck me. 

Anything to justify your moronic comments after his debut eh? Who needs rivals with fans like you.

I thought KKC was joking!  It was a good penalty, right in the corner and a brilliant save.

(08-24-2019, 01:03 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 01:00 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 12:58 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 12:57 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: We don't defend well enough for the lack of goals we score.

It needs time to click, there is nothing obviously wrong, but confidence us so important, if we start losing games it  could be a hard season. Hopefully we can keep scraping wins and draws while we settle in the new team.

Only obvious thing wrong, is that we never look like we can score!

True, but that is what comes with fluidity given by players comfortably with each other. We rarely looked amazing last season going forward as a team, just had JRod, Gayle, Barnes and Phillips all on form at various times to do it themselves.

Don't get me wrong, our build up work is far superior to last year, but I cannot see where or who the goals will come from.

As Derek said the other day, great foreplay, no penetration.

Bilic can, so don't worry.