Match Thread
(08-24-2019, 12:57 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: We don't defend well enough for the lack of goals we score.

It needs time to click, there is nothing obviously wrong, but confidence us so important, if we start losing games it could be a hard season. Hopefully we can keep scraping wins and draws while we settle in the new team.

Only obvious thing wrong, is that we never look like we can score!
I’m sorry, but Zohore is garbage. Through the defense, has chance to shoot one on one with the keeper holds the ball waiting for support, passes to a Derby player and then remonstrates with his team mates for not being there. I’m trying to give the guy a chance , but he really is poor.
(08-24-2019, 12:58 PM)MassDebater Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 12:57 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote: We don't defend well enough for the lack of goals we score.

It needs time to click, there is nothing obviously wrong, but confidence us so important, if we start losing games it  could be a hard season. Hopefully we can keep scraping wins and draws while we settle in the new team.

That’s quite fundamental
Someone behind me shouted 'take Livermore off'. I said 'he's not even playing'.

Turns outs he is. Who knew!
Clarnet v2.0
(08-24-2019, 12:53 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-24-2019, 12:48 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: If you don't rate the bloke that's your opinion. But why come on here when he has done something good and take it as a chance to be critical of him again? Strange.

I'm not criticising him. I have been consistent.

I'm not going to fawn over him for that penalty save. if he guessed the right way, I'd expect him to save it.

Here is a post from a Derby forum

"Waghorn again has a pen saved, picking his default spot, low to the keeper's left. The keeper knows this is where it's going. I'd say around an 80% chance of being saved. He has to go high. He never goes high. He should not be on penalty duty"

Why are you working so hard to disparage our goalkeeper for saving a penalty you fucking weirdo? What the fuck is an average penalty save as well? If it’s one that ends in the opposition not scoring why should the perceived quality of the save even matter? Also it was a quality save anyway.

It needs time to click, there is nothing obviously wrong, but confidence us so important, if we start losing games it  could be a hard season. Hopefully we can keep scraping wins and draws while we settle in the new team.

True, but that is what comes with fluidity given by players comfortably with each other. We rarely looked amazing last season going forward as a team, just had JRod, Gayle, Barnes and Phillips all on form at various times to do it themselves.
(08-24-2019, 01:00 PM)Birdman1811 Wrote:

True, but that is what comes with fluidity given by players comfortably with each other. We rarely looked amazing last season going forward as a team, just had JRod, Gayle, Barnes and Phillips all on form at various times to do it themselves.

Don't get me wrong, our build up work is far superior to last year, but I cannot see where or who the goals will come from.

As Derek said the other day, great foreplay, no penetration.
3rd sub coming on and it's not Austin Huh
Tippy, tappy, crappy
(08-24-2019, 01:03 PM)Albionmad Wrote: 3rd sub coming on and it's not Austin Huh

I’m baffled too. Need goals and you don’t bring on your best chance of that. 
Austin needs to start and we need to call Cardiff and get a refund for a defective purchase.