The Reading Goal
Just seen a replay, still not sure if he could have done anything, or make it look like he could. Does seem to just come out of nowhere, well from between about 4 of our defenders... guess SJ could've been totally unsighted?
Surprised nobody has picked up Slav saying their goal was deflected???

May explain his lack of movement

Cuzer
Fisheatingdeludedsealwankers
(08-22-2019, 10:23 AM)Cuzer Wrote: Surprised nobody has picked up Slav saying their goal was deflected???

May explain his lack of movement

Cuzer

Replay looks fairly straight, but only one angle shown... 48 seconds in... he just picks it up and then bam... doesn't look like it deviates in any way... BUT, may do from other angles...
How we didn't get at least one other penalty is beyond me.
(08-22-2019, 10:28 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: How we didn't get at least one other penalty is beyond me.

The ref was fucking shite.
Thanks for posting that MD - Johnstone looks a lot nearer and better placed from that angle. Ref decided early on that we were diving and stuck to that until the end when he must have thought 'at least one of them has to be a pen'. The one early on was too far away for us to make a real call but looks the most likely (if it was in the area) - but if it wasn't why didn't he get carded?
(08-22-2019, 10:34 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Thanks for posting that MD - Johnstone looks a lot nearer and better placed from that angle. Ref decided early on that we were diving and stuck to that until the end when he must have thought 'at least one of them has to be a pen'. The one early on was too far away for us to make a real call but looks the most likely (if it was in the area) - but if it wasn't why didn't he get carded?

Furlong did not dive. Neither did Diangana. The 1st Krov one was debatable.
Was a good finish. That lad Reading had on loan from Liverpool who scored looked a good player. There was a foul on Sawyers in the build up though (no surprise that shite ref last night didn't give it). Personally think we could have done more to close down the Reading player before he shot.
(08-22-2019, 10:34 AM)baggy1 Wrote: Thanks for posting that MD - Johnstone looks a lot nearer and better placed from that angle. Ref decided early on that we were diving and stuck to that until the end when he must have thought 'at least one of them has to be a pen'. The one early on was too far away for us to make a real call but looks the most likely (if it was in the area) - but if it wasn't why didn't he get carded?

I still do not think the Furlong one is a penalty... We were very close (SME corner toilets) and my instinct was no penalty. He twists outside the box, takes some stuttering steps and goes over, and I think their defender is pulling his leg out of the way. I keep watching the replay and I think he was lucky not to get carded for it, if it was given against us I think we'd mostly be up in arms. I think at best we'd get a free kick on the edge.

I actually agree with the BBC reports that said our penalty claims were getting weaker and weaker... Krov's one it looks like he goes down far too easily, the one given I couldn't see at the time (damn toilets), but on the replay that was definite, and was given.
Jesus we're off again, the opposition scores a cracking goal and we're looking for someone to blame. If we score a goal do we say it was the opponent's fault ? Just accept it and move on.