The Reading Goal
I can't be arsed trawling through the mess of the match fred (which is likely why others also end up posting new freds that may have been covered...just too much mess in there)....

How good was the Reading goal? I've seen no replays, and was seated in the SME corner, maybe 8 seats back, so fairly low down. To us it looked like SJ just stood there and made zero effort. Sure we could tell that our defence just turned completely off, so probably not down to SJ...

So how good a goal was it? Should SJ have tried more? Would he have had a chance? Or was it just a brilliant goal?
Brilliant goal. Nothing to see here.
The same as the Luton goal. Not his fault , but he stood there like a guppy admiring it.
Must.... Blame.... Johnstone...
(08-22-2019, 08:46 AM)Duffers Wrote: Must.... Blame.... Johnstone...

Which part of "not his fault" dont you understand?
Pretty much every goal is preventable if you look hard enough for someone to blame, but sometimes you just have to say it was a fantastic strike.

Phillips was close to Ejaria, and could have been stronger, but probably saw he was heading into the pen area and took the risk that he would stand a better chance letting him shoot than risking the pen. Gibbs was also ahead of him and should have closed the man down, but intstead did a half-hearted challenge.

Ejaria then smashed home an excellent shot which no keeper in the world would have got to. SJ could have dived for the cameras, but he stood no chance. Ejeria pulled out the perfect finish.
(08-22-2019, 08:49 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

You assume everything is about you.
Like I say viewing angles and no replays can really affect how things are seen.

Cheers all.
(08-22-2019, 08:51 AM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 08:49 AM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:

You assume everything is about you.
Nah, its about your ego.
From directly behind it in the Brummie it looked like Johnstone's positioning was preparing for the ball going into the middle or far post. When Ejaria looked up he must have seen an absolute world of netting to aim for and just hit it straight. We seemed to stand off and just let him run and allowed him to pick his spot. If I was being really critical of Johnstone I would say his positioning was off but probably wasn't expecting the defenders to give him so much space.