The Reading Goal
(08-23-2019, 08:24 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: He scored because no one closed the player down. It was a mistake by someone as is almost every goal a team concedes. Be grateful if the mistakes otherwise football would be extremely dull.

You are correct there hasn't been a goal scored that couldn't have been prevented at some stage by the team that concedes the goal.

But what I would say is so far there isn't a definitive trend in the wat that we concede goals that points to a particular weakness in defence. That's not to say that one might not become apparent in the forthcoming weeks ahead,
The immediate build-up was because Furlong (I think it was) won the ball just outside our box/wide of our box and then passed it straight to a Reading player putting us right under pressure.

Is my recollection.
(08-23-2019, 09:04 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 08:24 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: He scored because no one closed the player down. It was a mistake by someone as is almost every goal a team concedes. Be grateful if the mistakes otherwise football would be extremely dull.

I thought this was you and your mate Tony's main objective Wink

My position is clear pts mean prizes. If we pick up points playing shit attritional football or lovely soft feet football all good. I stuck with TP too long and broke my own rules but I was right about almost everything else since GM so that’s not too bad Wink
(08-23-2019, 10:07 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

My position is clear pts mean prizes. If we pick up points playing shit attritional football or lovely soft feet football all good. I stuck with TP too long and broke my own rules but I was right about almost everything else since GM so that’s not too bad Wink

If anyone claims to have been right about SGM they’re either insane or telepathic!
(08-22-2019, 04:10 PM)Duffers Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 04:04 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 02:46 PM)Ted Maul Wrote: It was a shit goal to concede. But the keeper is not the one to blame. The notion of diving around in net for the sake of it is a new one and is quite honestly hilarious. Shit closing down and the lad has laced it from 20 yards, it's basically past SJ before he's had a chance to set himself.

Five games in, and no clean sheets.

just saying.

You mean four for SJ.

No, I mean 5 for West Brom. I haven't singled out SJ, you have.
(08-23-2019, 10:36 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(08-23-2019, 10:07 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:

If anyone claims to have been right about SGM they’re either insane or telepathic!

I’m claiming that very thing and if the Express and Dingle Hawthorns Heartbeat board still existed I would have proof. I also coined the phrase / word wimabigclub in there. Wink