BBC Football
(08-22-2019, 07:38 AM)SausEggBaton Wrote:
(08-22-2019, 07:31 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: I know I only have to click on "score and fixtures" but I just resent that fact that all that crap on the front page is deemed more important than actual football games

Blame the hundreds of thousands of site visits from users in foreign countries. I'm sure you'll get over it.

Condescension is unattractive
I agree with the OP. The other day, the main headline on the site was a winning goal for a Spanish team against Barcelona and this was given precedence over domestic football outside of the Premier League. This is a corruption of traditional news values in which the game outside the UK would largely be ignored or at least relegated to the margins. It's not that I don't have any interest whatsoever in the overseas game, it's just that I don't think it merits the prominence it is given by the BBC above and beyond the domestic game.
(08-22-2019, 07:34 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: Also, considering the BBC is funded by British people I don't agree that a simple 'most-read' algorithm is suitable and the front page should be artificially weighted towards British football.

Good morning Mr Holloway.
Last night they had headlines about 4 of the Champ games, they were pointing out that Fulham had 84% possession against Millwall...Leeds had got a late winner, Charlton and I forget the other.

I think the Fulham stats even made it onto the main homepage as a sub headline at one point.

On Tuesday they had headlines about pretty much all of the Championship games... And had a link on the main homepage to follow their live coverage.

I know, I read it in the SME toilets, probably.
(08-22-2019, 07:31 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: I know I only have to click on "score and fixtures" but I just resent that fact that all that crap on the front page is deemed more important than actual football games

Blame the hundreds of thousands of site visits from users in foreign countries. I'm sure you'll get over it.

Will these visits be blocked under Brexit? 

Holloway and I don't want overseas nationals coming over here and messing with our beautiful British algorithms
(08-22-2019, 09:21 AM)SW4Baggie Wrote:

Will these visits be blocked under Brexit? 

Holloway and I don't want overseas nationals coming over here and messing with our beautiful British algorithms

They'll have to get double onioned VPNs and read it through iFollow.