BBC Football
Of the 14 main stories on the bbc football website this morning 8 are regarding foreign sides with no relation to British football. 2 are regarding transfers from a British side to a foreign side, 1 is regarding racism towards Pogba, 1 a random story of how Everton signed Kean and 1 is a quiz about how many English players have played in Turkey (?)

There is one (1) match report from all of the games that were played in the English Football League last night. 

Down to the "more top stories" section - 3 more with no relation to British football, one reasonable story about Bury and the rest is tripe. 

All the way down to the bottom of the page, the Leeds game is the only one you can find a link to at all. 

I realise that I am "old man shouting at cloud" (I'm 32!)  but this is fudging ridiculous!  I don't care that Ribery has signed for Fiorentina or that Beckham's Miami stadium is delayed I want to know what the scores last night were!

Can't see a box to complain however. 

Rant over.
More people care about that stuff than the Championship. Certainly the people who go on the BBC site anyway.
But it's guff! It's not even interesting things about foreign football. "Tunisia have sacked their manager" I can't imagine that more people who visit the website care about that more than the EFL
Think the BBC football page is good and easy to use.

Any information you want is very easy to find, so not difficult at all to get a match report of any of the games that were played last night. As an Albion fan I always tend to try and keep up with how loan players are doing and the BBC football website is the one that makes that easy to do.

At this stage of the season, there is very little midweek action featuring premiership clubs and with the transfer window not ending in most European leagues until the beginning of September, a lot of the top headline stories will not be about English football.

But if you want decent information about championship and below clubs it is there and easy to find. Well I find it easy to find and I am not very computer savvy.
It’s not like there’s one guy deciding the order that stories are listed. It’ll all be done on algorithms and analysis of what topics are most popular.
In BBC'S infinite wisdom, they've tried to go a bit too much like sports app (and copied Sky to a certain extent).

They want you to either find your team or find the results yourself unfortunately. You then select the result, i.e. our game and the report comes up.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/49340155

The rest of the stories, and probably sorry to say, they may have applied "most read / clicked" algorithm like the top stories on the news page, which is probably why all the foreign stories are coming up first.
I know I only have to click on "score and fixtures" but I just resent that fact that all that crap on the front page is deemed more important than actual football games
I thought this was going to be about women’s football... we haven’t had a good “they’re forcing women’s football down our necks” rant for a while!
I actually applaud their stance on women's football, it's only going to grow with exposure.

Also, considering the BBC is funded by British people I don't agree that a simple 'most-read' algorithm is suitable and the front page should be artificially weighted towards British football.

Anyway I've had a cup of tea and I'm over it now, just got my goat when I went on this morning!
(08-22-2019, 07:31 AM)ChamonixBaggie Wrote: I know I only have to click on "score and fixtures" but I just resent that fact that all that crap on the front page is deemed more important than actual football games

Blame the hundreds of thousands of site visits from users in foreign countries. I'm sure you'll get over it.