Reports Villa want a new Goalkeeper
(06-02-2019, 03:15 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: Has anyone got a link to these reports of Villa looking for a goalkeeper, I can't seem to find any?

Here you go.

https://twitter.com/reluctantnicko/statu...74081?s=20

I think Johnstone would be a loss, but if they're willing to pay silly money we could consider it.

No one who saw him against Swansea at home would call him "bang average".
(06-02-2019, 03:25 PM)Squid Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 03:15 PM)Psalm23 Wrote: Has anyone got a link to these reports of Villa looking for a goalkeeper, I can't seem to find any?

Here you go.

I think Johnstone would be a loss, but if they're willing to pay silly money we could consider it.

That night he was brilliant along with some poor finishing , but one swallow doesn't make a summer .
(06-02-2019, 03:25 PM)Squid Wrote:

Here you go.

Thanks mate.
We are WBA & will sell anything

Lai was offering 2 for 1 on WBA bog roll on Blackheath market yesterday

He said next week he's doing a nice line in WBA tea ladies
Anything north of £10m and I’d sell him.

There’s a decent goalkeeper in Johnstone, we’ve seen flashes of brilliance but I think the combination of tactical issues last season, being an ex-Villa player and the ingrained belief of our fans that he’s shit means he’ll probably never reach his potential here.

Bond has looked a capable deputy, but without a steady run of games I’m not sure I’d want to pin our hopes on him.
(06-02-2019, 02:34 PM)Albion Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 02:31 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Problem is now Villa will be linked to several of our players. I’d expect any of our players to be happy enough to go there too as it means so little disruption to them.

Yep. Thinking move player perspective. Johnstone settled in area (Sutton Coldfield), so wouldn’t have to move. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them try and sign Gibbs too.

Are you sure?  He was living in a hotel for much of the season.
(06-02-2019, 04:11 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(06-02-2019, 02:31 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Problem is now Villa will be linked to several of our players. I’d expect any of our players to be happy enough to go there too as it means so little disruption to them.

Yep. Thinking move player perspective. Johnstone settled in area (Sutton Coldfield), so wouldn’t have to move. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them try and sign Gibbs too.

Ziz has been watching him through a telephoto lens and following him home after training.
(06-02-2019, 04:11 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:

To be fair, he might be settled in a hotel, in Sutton Coldfield.   Big Grin
Ziz, if this is true and Appleton actually gets to spend the money - I would take  anything over 8 million
(06-02-2019, 05:03 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote: Ziz, if this is true and Appleton actually gets to spend the money - I would take  anything over 8 million

Appleton? What are you hearing?!