Reports Villa want a new Goalkeeper
Reports in today’s papers indicate Villa want to purchase a new Goalkeeper. They’ve been linked to Butland, I’d be very surprised if Johnstone wasn’t linked with a move there.

Question is hypothetically speaking, would you sell? If so, how much for? And who would you replace him with.

Would you sell: Yes
Price: £12-15m
Replacement: Bond (Spend money in other areas of team)
Problem is now Villa will be linked to several of our players. I’d expect any of our players to be happy enough to go there too as it means so little disruption to them.
(06-02-2019, 02:31 PM)Spandaubaggie Wrote: Problem is now Villa will be linked to several of our players. I’d expect any of our players to be happy enough to go there too as it means so little disruption to them.

Yep. Thinking move player perspective. Johnstone settled in area (Sutton Coldfield), so wouldn’t have to move. I wouldn’t be surprised to see them try and sign Gibbs too.
Like with any of our players, if a team comes in with a very good offer I'd be happy to sell. Johnstone has been inconsistent for us and his reluctance to come off his line and be commanding really bothers me. Bond looked decent enough in the cup games but not sure he's good enough to be a first team regular.
(06-02-2019, 02:45 PM)Big Daddy Cool Wrote: Like with any of our players, if a team comes in with a very good offer I'd be happy to sell. Johnstone has been inconsistent for us and his reluctance to come off his line and be commanding really bothers me. Bond looked decent enough in the cup games but not sure he's good enough to be a first team regular.

$ell.................!
I would cash in. He isn't worth what we paid for him, and the monies could be better used elsewhere.
(06-02-2019, 02:52 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: I would cash in. He isn't worth what we paid for him, and the monies could be better used elsewhere.

Definitely sell.  Quite easily replaceable at a lower cost.  No qualms about Bond replacing him if necessary.
Ive never been convinced with him so wouldnt be bothered if we sell him and the same goes for a few others , if we are going to rebuild lets do it right and make sure we can give it a good go at promotion .Problem is its a massive job already and could take longer than folk will give .
(06-02-2019, 02:28 PM)Albion Wrote: Reports in today’s papers indicate Villa want to purchase a new Goalkeeper. They’ve been linked to Butland, I’d be very surprised if Johnstone wasn’t linked with a move there.

Question is hypothetically speaking, would you sell? If so, how much for? And who would you replace him with.

Would you sell: Yes
Price: £12-15m
Replacement: Bond (Spend money in other areas of team)

He's been a massive disappointment for me. Looks absolutely bang average and I get the shitters any time he is near the ball.
Has anyone got a link to these reports of Villa looking for a goalkeeper, I can't seem to find any?