Leeds v Derby
Villa vs Derby, I couldn't have hand picked a worse final to have! On the plus side, one of the buggers has to lose. Imagine if Derby won with all those loan players then Lampard buggers off to Chelsea is maybe best scenario.

Wonder what Steve Gibson and friends have to say about the biggest breakers of the rules both reaching the final?
I’m no fan of Fat Frank or Derby but that was a stunning away performance in a huge game. 

Best team to visit our drum last season. 

They had better show that in the final
Kyle Edwards was there watching the game. Any idea why he was sidelined by Shan and co?
Thought Derby were very good in the second half. Very good performance to overturn the deficit, looked dead and buried midway through the first half.

On a side note, interesting to see that two clubs highlighted for potential FFP breaches by other club chairman have made it to Wembley. Saw some figures earlier that suggested Derby would have suffered a 10/11 point penalty for their breaches, but avoided it by fiddling their figures with the sale of the stadium to one of the owners other companies.

Could be a bit of a legal battle brewing if they make it, and I doubt Villa are in the clear either.
After the depression of last night I really enjoyed this game. It's partially due to being placed right next to the Leeds fans when we got battered 4-0 earlier in the season and they chanted non stop about how they were going to the premier league.
(05-15-2019, 10:13 PM)ABBaggie Wrote: Thought Derby were very good in the second half. Very good performance to overturn the deficit, looked dead and buried midway through the first half.

On a side note, interesting to see that two clubs highlighted for potential FFP breaches by other club chairman have made it to Wembley. Saw some figures earlier that suggested Derby would have suffered a 10/11 point penalty for their breaches, but avoided it by fiddling their figures with the sale of the stadium to one of the owners other companies.

Could be a bit of a legal battle brewing if they make it, and I doubt Villa are in the clear either.

Were Leeds not warning they could not sustain their position without promotion?

I might be wrong, but I thought they were just inside FfP. The worry is future chairmen attempting to follow Derby and Villa if they get away Scot free  

I think Derby have found a loophole with the stadium, and Villa can follow suit, unless EFL rules to ignore sale/leaseback of stadia for FFP.
What a depressing 24 hours.
(05-15-2019, 10:16 PM)Sliced Wrote: After the depression of last night I really enjoyed this game. It's partially due to being placed right next to the Leeds fans when we got battered 4-0 earlier in the season and they chanted non stop about how they were going to the premier league.

Tbf, I turned on at 40 mins and enjoyed that.  

It was also fugging funny watching 40,000 deluded bellends (classic one club city syndrome) getting their arses handed to them.
(05-15-2019, 10:26 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 10:16 PM)Sliced Wrote: After the depression of last night I really enjoyed this game. It's partially due to being placed right next to the Leeds fans when we got battered 4-0 earlier in the season and they chanted non stop about how they were going to the premier league.

Tbf, I turned on at 40 mins and enjoyed that.  

It was also fugging funny watching 40,000 deluded bellends (classic one club city syndrome) getting their arses handed to them.

Completely agree.

I'm willing to forget our last Wembley playoff final and pray to Ra that Derby batter the Villa
(05-15-2019, 08:46 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote: Several English players on that pitch better than Greasy

And we could not even find one....