Leeds v Derby
(05-15-2019, 09:48 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote: I’m no fan of Fat Frank or Derby but that was a stunning away performance in a huge game. 

Best team to visit our drum last season. 

They had better show that in the final

They were excellent 2nd half with Wilson n Mount in midfield  it was like having 2 Harvey Barnes in there .
Delighted that Derby have trashed the media's "dream ticket" Leeds vs Villa final. Now I can shout for Derby - I don't have to hope both teams lose!

My leaning towards Derby dates back to Clough's team of 1972 and Dave Mackay's 1975 league winners. Derby Co was my dad's team, he used to go on about their side from the 50s.

My dislike of Leeds dates back to the Revie team - Bremner and Giles kicking lumps out of anything that moved in midfield, Charlton and Hunter scything down anyone who got close to them. There was nothing remotely entertaining about that team. Dark days for football.
(05-15-2019, 07:19 PM)Albionmad Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 07:16 PM)sickParrot Wrote: Seals have been waxing lyrical about karma today.

On the subject, Bamford nicely rested and ready for the final.

Bamford's just been carded for simulation. Will he ever learn?

Definite pen.

(05-15-2019, 08:28 PM)Lightnin Wrote: Marriott 4-2

We should have signed Marriott when we had the chance - reportedly £3m!

(05-15-2019, 08:29 PM)Artist Wrote: Villa beat Derby 4-0 at home and 3-0 away.

Derby will win then!

(05-15-2019, 08:32 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote: Derby's form into the play-off was nearly as good as villa. The only difference being they haven't been bragging about it.

If this Derby team turn up, and if they are this tenacious in midfield they will give Gammon and FKW a game.

If they play like they did last night they'll murder the seals.

(05-15-2019, 08:40 PM)SausEggBaton Wrote: Izzy Brown

[Image: 61pT73fZ7VL._SX425_.jpg]

What a waste of a career - still he's a multi millionaire!

(05-15-2019, 09:43 PM)EastMidsBaggie Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 09:31 PM)TR 675 Wrote: In other news Sky Sports spontaneously combust at the prospect of the play off final of Cunt(Lampard) County  vs Cunt(Terry) Villa

And who ever said cheats never prosper !
The sight of the vile Lampard and Terry media love fest will be sickening.

Hopefully Fwank will deck Terry (probably shagged his missus)

(05-15-2019, 09:59 PM)Albion Wrote: Kyle Edwards was there watching the game. Any idea why he was sidelined by Shan and co?

Something doesn't feel quite right with Edwards - does he have an attitude problem?  Probably getting paid about £750/wk?
(05-15-2019, 10:23 PM)Kit Kat Chunky Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 10:13 PM)ABBaggie Wrote: Thought Derby were very good in the second half. Very good performance to overturn the deficit, looked dead and buried midway through the first half.

On a side note, interesting to see that two clubs highlighted for potential FFP breaches by other club chairman have made it to Wembley. Saw some figures earlier that suggested Derby would have suffered a 10/11 point penalty for their breaches, but avoided it by fiddling their figures with the sale of the stadium to one of the owners other companies.

Could be a bit of a legal battle brewing if they make it, and I doubt Villa are in the clear either.

Were Leeds not warning they could not sustain their position without promotion?

I might be wrong, but I thought they were just inside FfP. The worry is future chairmen attempting to follow Derby and Villa if they get away Scot free  

I think Derby have found a loophole with the stadium, and Villa can follow suit, unless EFL rules to ignore sale/leaseback of stadia for FFP.

Leeds must be in a mess as are Swansea, Hull.  Maybe we can pick up a couple of players.
(05-16-2019, 03:28 PM)Hopalong Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 10:13 PM)ABBaggie Wrote: Thought Derby were very good in the second half. Very good performance to overturn the deficit, looked dead and buried midway through the first half.

On a side note, interesting to see that two clubs highlighted for potential FFP breaches by other club chairman have made it to Wembley. Saw some figures earlier that suggested Derby would have suffered a 10/11 point penalty for their breaches, but avoided it by fiddling their figures with the sale of the stadium to one of the owners other companies.

Could be a bit of a legal battle brewing if they make it, and I doubt Villa are in the clear either.

I might be wrong, but I thought they were just inside FfP. The worry is future chairmen attempting to follow Derby and Villa if they get away Scot free  

I think Derby have found a loophole with the stadium, and Villa can follow suit, unless EFL rules to ignore sale/leaseback of stadia for FFP.

Leeds must be in a mess as are Swansea, Hull.  Maybe we can pick up a couple of players.

We could probably steal Roofe & Roberts for around £5M................

We will end up going for John Lukic and Lee Chapman
(05-16-2019, 03:38 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:

How on earth can you rule out Gary Mcallister, Manc?  Surely in with a chance.Big Grin
(05-16-2019, 03:46 PM)pickrollflickgoal Wrote:

How on earth can you rule out Gary Mcallister, Manc?  Surely in with a chance.Big Grin

Too young and not enough experience

The Board are now monitoring Peter Lorimer
Not sure about that Hopalong. Scores wonder goal against Brentford. Played reasonably well against Birmingham. Wasn’t that bad against Bristol. Then nowhere to be seen.

Lukic works in Bridging finance these days. He has massive hands!