Hughton talks next week
(05-15-2019, 07:38 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 05:29 PM)Squid Wrote: Alan Nixon reckons Potter plus his crew will cost Brighton £3million. Won't happen.

Potter is too fluffy for me, Johnson too streaky. Hughton or Monk would do me.

Why are fees for managers - arguably the most important people at a club - constantly baulked at?

Mate, Jenko baulks at paying the fugging milkman
One final year for Murray.
(05-15-2019, 07:34 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 07:29 PM)TETLEY74 Wrote: We are now at a point were its a simple choice imvho. 
1) Do the club want a quick return to the greed league( the aim was promotion this season we were told) if so then Hughton is the man previous promotions know what it takes  and his promotion sides play reasonably decent stuff, a means to an end appointment
OR
2)Do we want to ay the long game rebuild slowly and carefully and establish a style of play for years to come blood youth players etc, if so look elsewhere
To me it's that simple now.

The trouble with the option 2 is we could spend years perfecting a style of play that yields feck all points / promotion wise. It’s option 1 for me.
And it's option 2 for me. I want a club which reflects what Tuesday night was about, where the players"belong" to the club, where the identity is more important than ephemeral"success" (that means long term rather than short). We're never going to be Man City. 
But it's obviously option 1 for our useless owner. So that's what we'll get. But- I expect- without the promotion bit.