Hughton talks next week
https://t.co/waAjQmduf1
makes sense whether the fan base are keen or not. HE's a proven manager in this division.
If Big Sam has a genuine interest we should talk to him to. We need some signs we are serious about the next step.
Not what I want to hear, tbh. I have respect for him and done well at the clubs he's managed before hitting that glass ceiling in the Prem, but it feels like we'd be going back to Pulis.
(05-15-2019, 10:13 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Not what I want to hear, tbh. I have respect for him and done well at the clubs he's managed before hitting that glass ceiling in the Prem, but it feels like we'd be going back to Pulis.

Not sure that's fair.

I didn't get the impression he was that defensive at Championship level.
(05-15-2019, 10:13 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote: Not what I want to hear, tbh. I have respect for him and done well at the clubs he's managed before hitting that glass ceiling in the Prem, but it feels like we'd be going back to Pulis.
He's not as bad as Pulis. 

Hughton would do a good job.

It's inevitable he was going to be linked though, I wouldn't be taking too much notice of any reports at the moment.
I'm in.

He seems to have been destined to manage us at some point. Now is the time.
From The Perce so looks true
Hughton and Viera?

Surely as such a racist club we are just interviewing these pair to fill our BAME obligatory duties?
(05-15-2019, 10:42 AM)baggiebuckster Wrote: Hughton and Viera?

Surely as such a racist club we are just interviewing these pair to fill our BAME obligatory duties?

Big Grin 

We'll be interviewing David Dickinson next.
Hughton is a difficult one for me. I always used to quite like him. His team's seemed to play the right mix of up and at em football. He's a no nonsense sort but has respect from his players.

However I really did lose a fair bit of respect for him over the Jrod/Bong incident. His myopic viewpoint annoyed me. And the fact he tried to open up old wounds before the cup game.

We are at a serious crossroads though. We have a huge clear out to undertake. We have some kids that need blooding and we need to have a strong season and get back up. It's a mammoth task and it needs a steady hand and a proven track record and so for that reason Hughton makes perfect sense.

The glass ceiling in the Prem thing I don't care about. Let's worry about getting there first.

Vieira is a curveball. Not sure how he's doing? Certainly might help in attracting players but it would be a gamble.