Hughton talks next week
He would be worth the risk. We cannot keep putting a quid on the odds on favourite and expect to get rich. Let's put a fiver on a 100 to 1 shot.
(05-15-2019, 12:50 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote: Hughton is more of a Hodgson/ Moyes type - in terms of style. He is not in the same league as TTITC

I wouldn’t fuck about - make a reasonable offer and get him in. Huge job this is now.

Word for word what I think

Also, let’s see where Brighton end up next season to judge how he’s done
The absolute number 1 candidate for me. The management and discipline within the club is as weak as piss and has been for a while now. I'd get him and all his staff in, say good bye to Appleton and Reid and give Shan whatever job the club have promised him. 
Couldn't care about Carlos Winalotos with a project. The club have put themselves in a position where we need a steadier, disciplined approach to the (football) management and Hughton is perfectly acceptable.
(05-15-2019, 12:26 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: I want someone with balls

I'm pretty sure the club would provide those, the gaffer wouldn't need to bring his own to training.
(05-15-2019, 01:03 PM)The Real PK Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 12:26 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote: I want someone with balls

I'm pretty sure the club would provide those, the gaffer wouldn't need to bring his own to training.

Apparently Jenkins sold all the balls
we won't get Hughton because as with every player signed since Peace was in charge and every manager - we try to do everything on the cheap. I imagine there will be 6-10 teams keen for Hughton to take over at their club and will ing to pay what he's worth.
Do we even need to interview Hughton? He's had about 3 already with us over the years!  Big Grin
Why are some of you pessimistic bastards we have to believe if the club want Hughton they are capable of getting him. Anyway apart from prem clubs who are bigger than us who need a manager and who in the premiership are looking for a new manager. Last night showed what a big club we are very few clubs can have support like ours, I know they love scapegoating players but by god do we show passion for our wonderful club.
(05-15-2019, 12:30 PM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 11:40 AM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 11:28 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 11:07 AM)MGalea Wrote: Just had a look at Nice and Viera.

If you think Houghton is Pulis-esque check out their goals For and against this season!

P 36   F 28  A 32   difference -4.  Average of 0.77 goals scored a game! Riveting!

Where did you get that from, MG? They scored 35 and let in 60 (GD -25)

Anyway, while are dealing in the currency of FACTS, I'm uncomfortable with one where Brighton achieved 3 wins in their last 23 games (sound familiar?). Our youth team even gave them 2 good games in the FA Cup too.

Incidentally, my mention of the glass ceiling wasn't a criticism of him. He tends to take the clubs he manages to the limit of their potential. The reason I'm not keen on him being appointed is it smacks as short-term thinking again. Weren't we all lamenting about the managerial merry-go-round only 12-18 months ago? Hughton is very much in the Bruce/Hughes/Pardew bracket for me.

We've still got some money to come from parachute payments. I want to see us use it to establish a proper long-term model and appoint a head coach that will buy into it.

Let’s look at the reality of these long term models by looking at our marvellous system we had under Ashworth...

It consisted of us keeping our best players when we went up and down. The head coaches changed was it three times in that time, and the only time it looked like we would stay up is when we got lucky with Roy becoming available after his time at Liverpool (hardly the cliched young and hungry manager). The clubs financial planning and good fortune / timing had just as much to do with our success as anyting else.

Didn't the training and medical facilities get transformed on his watch? And a new coaching structure? That's long-term thinking. The fruits of his labour are beginning to show. Dan has since done great work at the FA too, so it would seem there is merit in that plan. 

I'm well aware of the importance of the Prem money to the club and that we need to get promoted a.s.a.p. but the decision making in the past 12 months has been haphazard at best. Love DM to bits, but I'm not convinced his appointment was done with a long-term view and clearly, neither was his sacking. Garlick, Burton 

I appreciate all the things Ashworth did off the field he did a fantastic job. I just don’t buy into the idea that you can have a long term strategy with the first team. There are far too many uncertainties that will blow the plan out the water. Look at the mess we got into trying to replicate the system with lesser / ill suited people. 

Garlick, Burton, Irvine, Mel, Hammond were all brought in to continue the master plan but they dragged us down and it took whether some want to admit it or not Pulis to steady the ship for two years. He stayed too long but neither ‘modern’ or old ways of working have worked recently. That is down to poor managerial and DoF appointments. It’s a simple game get the best people in key positions whatever they may be and you will have success. If you don’t you can’t rely on a project t management diagram or manifesto of intent to be a success.
As long as the new manager isn't "progressive", "forward thinking" or "young and hungry", that'll do for me.

As soon as I read one of those phrases, I straight away think we got a bullshitter here.