Hughton talks next week
(05-15-2019, 11:07 AM)MGalea Wrote: Just had a look at Nice and Viera.

If you think Houghton is Pulis-esque check out their goals For and against this season!

P 36   F 28  A 32   difference -4.  Average of 0.77 goals scored a game! Riveting!

Where did you get that from, MG? They scored 35 and let in 60 (GD -25)

Anyway, while are dealing in the currency of FACTS, I'm uncomfortable with one where Brighton achieved 3 wins in their last 23 games (sound familiar?). Our youth team even gave them 2 good games in the FA Cup too.

Incidentally, my mention of the glass ceiling wasn't a criticism of him. He tends to take the clubs he manages to the limit of their potential. The reason I'm not keen on him being appointed is it smacks as short-term thinking again. Weren't we all lamenting about the managerial merry-go-round only 12-18 months ago? Hughton is very much in the Bruce/Hughes/Pardew bracket for me.

We've still got some money to come from parachute payments. I want to see us use it to establish a proper long-term model and appoint a head coach that will buy into it.
a bit meh but could do worse. Not really promising massive, transformative evolootion
The man for me is was who it was when Moore was sacked...

Jokanavic.
(05-15-2019, 11:38 AM)Dumbo Wrote: The man for me is was who it was when Moore was sacked...

Jokanavic.

This, but in slightly better english.  Big Grin
(05-15-2019, 11:28 AM)chasetownbaggie Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 11:07 AM)MGalea Wrote: Just had a look at Nice and Viera.

If you think Houghton is Pulis-esque check out their goals For and against this season!

P 36   F 28  A 32   difference -4.  Average of 0.77 goals scored a game! Riveting!

Where did you get that from, MG? They scored 35 and let in 60 (GD -25)

Anyway, while are dealing in the currency of FACTS, I'm uncomfortable with one where Brighton achieved 3 wins in their last 23 games (sound familiar?). Our youth team even gave them 2 good games in the FA Cup too.

Incidentally, my mention of the glass ceiling wasn't a criticism of him. He tends to take the clubs he manages to the limit of their potential. The reason I'm not keen on him being appointed is it smacks as short-term thinking again. Weren't we all lamenting about the managerial merry-go-round only 12-18 months ago? Hughton is very much in the Bruce/Hughes/Pardew bracket for me.

We've still got some money to come from parachute payments. I want to see us use it to establish a proper long-term model and appoint a head coach that will buy into it.

Let’s look at the reality of these long term models by looking at our marvellous system we had under Ashworth...

It consisted of us keeping our best players when we went up and down. The head coaches changed was it three times in that time, and the only time it looked like we would stay up is when we got lucky with Roy becoming available after his time at Liverpool (hardly the cliched young and hungry manager). The clubs financial planning and good fortune / timing had just as much to do with our success as anyting else.
(05-15-2019, 11:39 AM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(05-15-2019, 11:38 AM)Dumbo Wrote: The man for me is was who it was when Moore was sacked...

Jokanavic.

This, but in slightly better english.  Big Grin

I’m still pissed, it would seem.
Should that say "MORE" talks with Hughton?

<taps nose>
(05-15-2019, 10:56 AM)brada_wba Wrote: Don't want Hughton and his entourage of staff.

Lee Johnson is the man - young and hungry. His Bristol side play some brilliant pressing football on a proper budget.
Johnson can be streaky.
...that streakiness saved Villa's bacon.
FFS are we never going to try anything new, does nobody have a vision - is Hughton going to bring in some exciting young talent? It's a no from me. I want someone with balls and is not frightened of playing attractive football with a bunch on nobodies.