Rondon
Rondon was a good player, what happened to his "Banjo" as many kept on about last year?
His volley last year was our goal of the season. We won't get him back as we couldn't afford his salary any longer.
Sadly Gayle won't be available next season as we won't be able to afford his salary either - N.B. N U are paying 50% atm
Rondon and Gayle would potentially have been a great pairing. We will never know. JRod and Gayle have done well, but as the "Barnes" service has gone missing so has the goals.
Rondon will be looking for a move, I'm sure he will have a choice on where he goes. His goal against Argentina will.only enhance his value around the globe.

this
(03-22-2019, 07:42 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(03-22-2019, 07:33 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: Surely the finishing position is more than just the quality of the squad?

Otherwise, what would be the point of tactics and management?

Exactly.

To be fair your point is spot on. We should have pissed this league. Poor tactics.
(03-22-2019, 07:33 PM)fuzzbox Wrote: Surely the finishing position is more than just the quality of the squad?

I remember this discussion back in the Pulis days where apparently strength of playing squad was the only factor that determined where you finish in the league.

It wasn't true then and it isn't true now
(03-24-2019, 09:51 AM)Sliced Wrote:

I remember this discussion back in the Pulis days where apparently strength of playing squad was the only factor that determined where you finish in the league.

It wasn't true then and it isn't true now

It’s the stupidest of arguments and defies logic.