Stoke visit
(02-08-2019, 01:32 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Think this will be my 8th. 2 defeats, 4 draws and a win so far

Jinxing tit. Stay away Big Grin
I've just added it up that I've been 10 times and never seen us win. Tomorrow will be 11th time lucky?
(02-08-2019, 02:11 PM)The liquidator Wrote: The victoria ground was a lively place ,dreamkiller might know this opposite the away end im sure there was a social club and if i can remember right they had a stripper in there on a match day . the pint glass went round for a collection then normally it would all kick off outside .

Never went there mate. I was a pie and a pint man at the Victoria pub near the ground. More often than not I'd just stay at my uncle's newsagents shop in Campbell Road then walk to the ground with my dad.
Never went to the Victoria Ground. Tomorrow will be 7 at the Brit/365. Hoping for a win to even up the tally.

1-4 Koumas Red
1-1 Vela
1-2 Dorrans
0-0 under Clarke
1-1 Rondon last minute
1-3 Last season
(02-08-2019, 02:17 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 01:32 PM)Malcolm Tucker Wrote: Think this will be my 8th. 2 defeats, 4 draws and a win so far

Jinxing tit. Stay away Big Grin

Big Grin

Thought that'd qualify as a decent record at that fuggin place
It's closer to my yard than the Hawthorns but I'm not going.
1 win in 19 Albion visits. 1 neutral game (went in with the Hull fans) and they won 3-2 thanks to two Dean Windass goals, one a cracker.
(02-08-2019, 02:45 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 02:11 PM)The liquidator Wrote: The victoria ground was a lively place ,dreamkiller might know this opposite the away end im sure there was a social club and if i can remember right they had a stripper in there on a match day . the pint glass went round for a collection then normally it would all kick off outside .

Never went there mate. I was a pie and a pint man at the Victoria pub near the ground. More often than not I'd just stay at my uncle's newsagents shop in Campbell Road then walk to the ground with my dad.

The Victoria went there most days at Uni for the first drink but twas an odd place.
(02-08-2019, 01:03 PM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 06:53 AM)tiptontown Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 01:54 AM)ColliersWoodBaggie Wrote: Saturday is my 19th visit to Stoke (17 League, 1 Autoglass & 1 friendly) at the Brit/Bet 365 Stadium & the Victoria Ground. First visit was Dec 1979, lost 2-3. I missed 4 there in the 90s when I was living in London and I missed the Hodgson draw and the three previous visits before I went last season. So I could have potentially clocked up 27 visits there in my time as an Albion fan. We can't get rid of 'em.

PS - Saw Hull there as well, so it is my 20th overall. They won 3-2 and that was the first time I'd ever seen the away side win there - I was there for the 2-1 when Dorrans scored.

My first visit there too mon. Garth Crooks hat trick if I remember right?

3 visits to the Vic and only 1 as of yet to the Brit for me.

Yes. We were 2-0 down, came back to level through Regis and Peter Barnes. Then John Wile sent a back pass to Crooks who went round Godden and got the winner an his hat-trick about 3 minutes from the end. Typical.

(02-08-2019, 12:53 PM)Sandking Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 12:43 PM)Sandking Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 12:38 PM)MancBaggie Wrote:
(02-08-2019, 12:36 PM)Sandking Wrote: The late Dorrans freekick winner under Roy was a bit special and completely unexpected

MAF that day schooled Shawcross and Huth - Still the best display of playing as a lone frontman I've ever had the pleasure to witness.

What about Westy's 9 against Brentford - 94/95??
Wink

He's 8... Westy`s 9 ..............You`ve all gotta go, you've all gotta go - I`m tellin` ya...On mar 3 kids!!

( I still haven`t forgiven him for missing that open goal at Maine Rd.....the great big steamin` Jessie )

I still remember the Brian Tilsley chant from that night - Fackin Inspired, mon!

Here it is in all its glory.............

All the City fans are cryin`
Brian Tilsley is dying..
What a wonderful way
To spend your Wednesday
Watching Brain Tilsley pass away.
A mate of mine, now lamentably deceased, started that off.

Its always stuck with me for some reason - If it had been left to me he`d have won an Ivan Novello award for it.  Smile
Sorry for the loss of your pal.
Cheers, mon. He was Albion through and through. As for the chant, it was the same week thereabouts that Tilsey met his end.