First away game on your own...
Pretty sure it was 69 or 70 - Wolves away.  I went on the coach and it was terrifying as the cnuts tried to turn the fckn coach over.
Forest away, 78/79......all I remember is post game, loads of our lot getting pushed in the River by their fans.
1980 Brighton away - evergreen's used to run coaches  from Olive Lane in Blackheath iirc.
(04-26-2019, 03:54 PM)igorbalis Wrote: 1980 Brighton away - evergreen's used to run coaches  from Olive Lane in Blackheath iirc.

Used to pick up at The Acorn Pub
(04-25-2019, 04:43 PM)CA Baggie Wrote:
(04-25-2019, 01:53 PM)Brunty Wrote: Mine was Wolves away back in 07.

Ended up having a scrap with two Wolves fans and come out on top as I was doing Taekwondo back then so floored them both with a spinning kick. The look on their faces was priceless as me and my mate walked off looking smug.

Gotcha.

Obviously the rest of it was plausible.

Big Grin Big Grin
(04-25-2019, 02:35 PM)HUGHIE REED31 Wrote: Mine was Villa away 1974
Went mad in 1975 did Forest away
and then caught promotion fever
went to last 3 away games
Charlton (which i;m sure was on a Friday?
Orient (again mid week)
Oldham
how I did that on a paper round God only knows
+ the bollocking from Mum & Dad for missing School.

That's about my era of going without an older family member!  Villa 74, we won 3-1, that was the season I realised Villa were a huge rival, until then I'd barely met one. Charlton was on a Friday (I think we lost), my mate got the sack for taking the afternoon off to come with us, I think it was the Capri rammed full of cheery, pissed up football fans, scarves draped out of windows picking him up at the steelworks that pissed off his boss. Oldham...deserves a thread all of it's own, what a day, never seen an away following like that before or since.
My very first away game was at Molineux, aged about 9.   Early season, a  3-3 draw with us equalising late with a goal that was punched in!  Trouble AOTS although, fortunately I was unscathed (and hooked for life). We beat them 4-1 at The Hawthorns about a month later.
Spurs 2-3 when Dekka scored one of his rare goals for us