15 years ago today
jesus what a day

Had flown up to Newcastle that morning, got the bus to the ground and walked into the Collery pub at about 12.. Staggered out of the pub at 3.45 not being able to see a great deal or walk in a straight line and headed for the ground...managed ot get in and saw they sold red wine, so I got two bottles in a plastic glass and told a steward it was Ribena, so sat and watched the first half drinking red!!!!!

Can't remember much about the game apart from the last 10 or so minutes......when Koumas scored, fucking hell it went off...…...at the final whistle we somehow found our way to the tram stop and only started celebrating when we got into Newcastle.....the drinking carried on into the night......woke up the next day feeling like shite, but was so happy.....got the flight back from Newcastle later that afternoon

It has got to be one of the best ever away days...up there with Oldham, ManUre and PV at Wembley.
We waited for the crowds to go before going to the railway station. Two elderly Sunderland couples came onto the platform and said 'that was daylight robbery.' We agreed.

'We should have won that game.' We agreed.

'I've never seen a bigger injustice.' We agreed.

This went on for a while and everyone was very polite. You could tell they were ripping mad and afterwards we agreed that it was the two big cheesy grins that annoyed them.
(04-18-2019, 05:11 PM)Banbury Baggie Wrote: jesus what a day

Had flown up to Newcastle that morning, got the bus to the ground and walked into the Collery pub at about 12..  Staggered out of the pub at 3.45 not being able to see a great deal or walk in a straight line and headed for the ground...managed ot get in and saw they sold red wine, so I got two bottles in a plastic glass and told a steward it was Ribena, so sat and watched the first half drinking red!!!!!  

Can't remember much about the game apart from the last 10 or so minutes......when Koumas scored, fucking hell it went off...…...at the final whistle we somehow found our way to the tram stop and only started celebrating when we got into Newcastle.....the drinking carried on into the night......woke up the next day feeling like shite, but was so happy.....got the flight back from Newcastle later that afternoon

It has got to be one of the best ever away days...up there with Oldham, ManUre and PV at Wembley.

The Colliery?! Proper pub mon!
You could hear meggo screaming to dyer take it to the corner!

As someone said heart and guts that team was built on not the prettiest to watch but it was good.
I'd been to London the night before for a wedding party and drove back by 2.30am. Up at 7 to get the coaches. Where's the time gone/
Bloody amazingly.

Is that a young Richie Anderson celebrating the goal?