Wayne Hennessey
(04-17-2019, 02:41 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 02:32 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 02:17 PM)Borin\ Baggie Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 02:10 PM)Dreamkiller Wrote:
(04-17-2019, 01:04 PM)Hopalong Wrote: I don't believe for one second he didn't know what a Nazi Salute is. 

He may not know the history and deeper significance but he obviously knew what it was as (a) he did it (b) he posted it on a german team-mate's instagram account. 

Didn't he or Palace try and say at the outset that he wasn't doing a salute but had just that the photo had been taken as he had his arm raised? 

Apparently,  the name of the waitor (italian?) who took the photo was Bussolini.   

Tribunal naive and obviously a good lawyer.

Whatever reason he'd given would have been dissected and used against him in today's witch hunt climate. Making out you're a bit thick was probably the least damaging for him. 

It's pathetic that he even had to give a reason in my opinion.

Today's? Didn't Mark Bosnich get done by the FA for the same gesture?
 He did. Although the dozy twat decided to do it whilst goose stepping in front of Spurs (traditionally high proportion of Jews) away fans.

He'd probably had a sniff before the game seeing as it's Bosnich.

Aye. A sniffer who was as as thick as pigshit.  Bad combo
(04-17-2019, 01:04 PM)Hopalong Wrote: I don't believe for one second he didn't know what a Nazi Salute is. 

He may not know the history and deeper significance but he obviously knew what it was as (a) he did it (b) he posted it on a german team-mate's instagram account. 

Didn't he or Palace try and say at the outset that he wasn't doing a salute but had just that the photo had been taken as he had his arm raised? 

Apparently,  the name of the waitor (italian?) who took the photo was Bussolini.   

Whatever reason he'd given would have been dissected and used against him in today's witch hunt climate. Making out you're a bit thick was probably the least damaging for him. 

I'd forgotten about that. October 96 when he did it in front of Spurs fans. I'd still say there's a fair bit of difference in the two incidents.

I don't think it takes much working out that he was advised to plead ignorance and it will probably all blow over.
 I'm guessing it was seen by the FA as a bit of banter between friends, but had to be seen to look into it.
(04-17-2019, 02:32 PM)Mancbaggies Wrote:

He did. Although the dozy twat decided to do it whilst goose stepping in front of Spurs (traditionally high proportion of Jews) away fans.
There you go,  it's a goalkeeping thing.
Med me loff when Annelka did that Quenelle thingy.  Not a single person noticed, with the exception of one journalist, who said it was offensive. The journo then did all he could to make sure the whole population saw it and made certain that anyone who may possibly get offended, did.
(04-17-2019, 06:39 PM)Tom Joad Wrote: Med me loff when Annelka did that Quenelle thingy.  Not a single person noticed, with the exception of one journalist, who said it was offensive. The journo then did all he could to make sure the whole population saw it and made certain that anyone who may possibly get offended, did.

Ar. Wasn't it that grotesquely fat barrel of cocksnot Martin Samuel?