Official approach
(04-15-2019, 02:16 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 02:13 PM)Cuzer Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 01:22 PM)SW4Baggie Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 01:01 PM)Hopalong Wrote: I fail to see how we can't afford Jokanovic??

The alleged wage demands of £70k/wk spring to mind.

I'd imagine he knows there will be plenty of offers in the summer, where he'll get time to prepare a team of his choosing, instead of jumping into a promotion battle with little flexibility and a shit tonne of pressure - given the caretaker is doing a good job currently - and subsequently has big demands knowing we're more desperate than he is.

40k a week, £2m a year

Cuzer

Heard originally that was his demand, but it went up to £70k a week or so later due to his agent putting him in front of some Chinese/Saudi clubs

(04-15-2019, 01:47 PM)Statto Wrote: We’ve never been here before and I’m not sure who else has. The financial danger in relegation and parachute payments presents a unique set of challenges. 

For example, plenty are shouting that we should iust pay Jokanovic what he wants. That means the full entourage and the probability they’ll all need to be sacked at some stage if we get promoted. If we don’t get promoted this year or next, we’d be unable to pay his salary. We’d all say it was utter madness to sign a player on £70k pw long term contract right now, but some expect us to do that for a manager.

If it was Big Sam on that for a couple of months plus a million bonus for getting us up, then I’d agree with it. A one size fits all scenarios managerial appointment doesn’t exist for where we are now. I’m not a Jenkins fan, but it’s one hell of a decision and I’m glad I don’t have to make it. The same people screaming about it now would be gnashing their teeth in two years time if we were still in the championship saddled with an expensive manager we couldn’t afford to sack.

Well summarised mon.

Add into that the current “no commitment” option appears to be doing well, and there’s not much incentive to take an expensive gamble atm.

I hadn't heard the second bit so you may be right, we baulked at 40k by all accounts!

Can't imagine his demands will be coming down given the car crash we represent currently at the negotiation table, utter fuck up as usual!

Cuzer
I heard Jokanovic demanded the full promotion bonus which was the issue first time.
(04-15-2019, 02:45 PM)Statto Wrote: I heard Jokanovic demanded the full promotion bonus which was the issue first time.

I can't claim to be ITK on this, just what I've heard through the usual he said/she said.

I think it's a fair assumption though that Jokanovic has priced himself out of the running given there've been a few clubs at our level ask and get nowhere, and that Wagner wants to wait until the summer.
The board do get away with murder our fans are too passive for own good and they know it aswell the only time they took notice is when the away fans turned on pulis .
(04-15-2019, 02:04 PM)Johnnykayeengland Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 01:58 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 01:47 PM)Statto Wrote: We’ve never been here before and I’m not sure who else has. The financial danger in relegation and parachute payments presents a unique set of challenges. 

For example, plenty are shouting that we should iust pay Jokanovic what he wants. That means the full entourage and the probability they’ll all need to be sacked at some stage if we get promoted. If we don’t get promoted this year or next, we’d be unable to pay his salary. We’d all say it was utter madness to sign a player on £70k pw long term contract right now, but some expect us to do that for a manager.

If it was Big Sam on that for a couple of months plus a million bonus for getting us up, then I’d agree with it. A one size fits all scenarios managerial appointment doesn’t exist for where we are now. I’m not a Jenkins fan, but it’s one hell of a decision and I’m glad I don’t have to make it. The same people screaming about it now would be gnashing their teeth in two years time if we were still in the championship saddled with an expensive manager we couldn’t afford to sack.

Good post
It is, but..it takes 2 to tango.
Why would any established manager come in on a 7 match contract. With no guarantee he'll be supported, or have a job next season. And Albion have a lousy track record with managers. Everything to lose, in terms of reputation, little to gain.

I guess you only employ people for as long as you know you can afford it.   If we really can't afford Jokanovic fair dos or if he wants a 3 yr contract.  

It appears all the usual suspects are ruled out, even short-term such as Shakespeare, as rumoured,  - otherwise they'd have been in by now. 

I suspect we'll suddenly get an AFI type announcement  Rolleyes  Tongue .