Official approach
(04-14-2019, 05:28 PM)LDerek Hardballs Wrote: As I said earlier Neil himself said he had not spoken to anyone about the job.

He lied
Jack Ross is certainly a man on the up, but there's no chance he'd leave Sunderland at the moment. Even less chance in the summer if they get promoted.
(04-14-2019, 07:47 PM)NeilParsleySauce Wrote: Jack Ross is certainly a man on the up, but there's no chance he'd leave Sunderland at the moment. Even less chance in the summer if they get promoted.

League 1 promotion race is wide open.
(04-14-2019, 06:57 PM)Statto Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 05:28 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: As I said earlier Neil himself said he had not spoken to anyone about the job.

He lied

But, but, but, but, people don't tell lies. 

Arf   Big Grin
Is there any chance Jenkins looked at the performance yesterday and said "Bollocks to paying £650k for that, when Shan's winning for buttons"?

Slightly more seriously, if Neil looked at us on cracking form and three games away from the PL and didn't fancy it, then he's a bottle job and we're better off without him.
(04-14-2019, 08:27 PM)Remi_Moses Wrote:
(04-14-2019, 05:28 PM)Derek Hardballs Wrote: As I said earlier Neil himself said he had not spoken to anyone about the job.

He lied

Arf   Big Grin

Which is why you should try not to make a judgment without knowing all the facts.

He lied

Arf   Big Grin

I'm not sure he died lie. Did he himself actually speak to anyone at the club? Probably not. What's more likely to have happened is someone spoke to his agent, told them we are interested and what terms we were offering etc. We would also have spoken to Preston to find out IF we did make an approach how much would it cost etc and would they let him go.

So no formal approach. There must have been some credible contact for Preston to suddenly offer the bloke a 3 year deal on much better terms.

But like I said did Neil directly speak to anyone? No.
(04-15-2019, 05:50 AM)Peachy Wrote:

He lied

Arf   Big Grin

I'm not sure he died lie. Did he himself actually speak to anyone at the club? Probably not. What's more likely to have happened is someone spoke to his agent, told them we are interested and what terms we were offering etc. We would also have spoken to Preston to find out IF we did make an approach how much would it cost etc and would they let him go.

So no formal approach. There must have been some credible contact for Preston to suddenly offer the bloke a 3 year deal on much better terms.

I’m in that shit position where I can’t betray a confidence, but you’re wrong. It will come out in the wash eventually.
Who cares ffs
(04-15-2019, 08:10 AM)Statto Wrote:
(04-15-2019, 05:50 AM)Peachy Wrote:

He lied

Arf   Big Grin

I’m in that shit position where I can’t betray a confidence, but you’re wrong. It will come out in the wash eventually.

Fair enough. If you're ITK then I bow to your superior knowledge.