This Town
(04-02-2024, 06:58 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 06:02 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 07:56 PM)moley63 Wrote: They got loads wrong but for sure the Happy trooper is where the blues firm started about 78/79 the chelmsley wood lads were prob the first big skinhead firm I remember around the time of the punk scene not long after Northfield .Acocks green. sheldon. yardley .etc ..the main kick off nights were the Swan at yardley  the hunters moon .mackadown kitts green ..on match days blues firm would meet up in the bullring /Ragmarket or the fair which was outside the rag. They would group up then walk down to the ground .or new  st station to wait ....but yes it started in the Trooper...

The Shakespeare pub off New St was also a meeting place for blues on home match days  Some of Albion’s firm would also drink in there with them, before and after the respective home games and both would then head to new st together, to wait for the Villa special to come in.

Lots of Albion fans drank in the Shakespeare with many of our "lads" next door in The Temple Bars. It was a regular dropping off place after arriving at New St from an away game. Blues fans were present all over town but I don't remember villa ever having a regular haunt.

I can’t recall Villa having a pub in the centre of Brum either.

My two brothers used to drink in there and would be on the nutters coach every away game.  I think the coach was called “Worcester supporters club” or something like that. They got a mention in a home programme with the club formally dis-owning them, stating they weren’t fans, but hooligans Big Grin
(04-02-2024, 07:03 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 07:56 PM)moley63 Wrote: They got loads wrong but for sure the Happy trooper is where the blues firm started about 78/79 the chelmsley wood lads were prob the first big skinhead firm I remember around the time of the punk scene not long after Northfield .Acocks green. sheldon. yardley .etc ..the main kick off nights were the Swan at yardley  the hunters moon .mackadown kitts green ..on match days blues firm would meet up in the bullring /Ragmarket or the fair which was outside the rag. They would group up then walk down to the ground .or new  st station to wait ....but yes it started in the Trooper...

The Shakespeare pub off New St was also a meeting place for blues on home match days  Some of Albion’s firm would also drink in there with them, before and after the respective home games and both would then head to new st together, to wait for the Villa special to come in.

Lots of Albion fans drank in the Shakespeare with many of our "lads" next door in The Temple Bars. It was a regular dropping off place after arriving at New St from an away game. Blues fans were present all over town but I don't remember villa ever having a regular haunt.

My two brothers used to drink in there and would be on the nutters coach every away game.  I think the coach was called “Worcester supporters club” or something like that. They got a mention in a home programme with the club formally dis-owning them, stating they weren’t fans, but hooligans Big Grin

I remember those guys, although I didnt travel with them. The guys I knew from the Temple Bar were a few years earlier and very well known from the days of Don Howe/Johnny Giles, always went by train.  They were a handful but I was always glad they were around in those days when every town was called malice!
I used to travel on that coach or sometimes by train with the Clubhouse lads
Surprisingly Albion had good support from from a lot of nutters based all over Brum
(04-01-2024, 07:09 PM)Hughie Reed 31 Wrote:
(04-01-2024, 06:59 PM)Woodman scoreboard Wrote: 1982 v man City away they were formed

Correct answer

City fans were deffo the first to coin the term Zulu

Ironically their firms had big similarities to those of Blues. There was a big NF firm from Ashton and then Mickey Francis and others ran with the predominantly black firm The  Cool Cats
Chelmsley Wood had a few tasty pubs then. Only the Greenwood left.
Kingfisher too, if you count Area 13 (Smith’s Wood).

Zulus and general Blues used the Ship Ashore in the later 80s. Not sure about 1981.
(04-02-2024, 07:34 PM)Hughie Reed 31 Wrote: I used to travel on that coach or sometimes by train with the Clubhouse lads
Surprisingly Albion had good support from from a lot of nutters based all over Brum

Ah what days they were .....get your daz coupons and get to New Street and go to an away match
Tony pulis is a wanker 
(04-02-2024, 07:26 PM)Tom Joad Wrote:
(04-02-2024, 07:03 PM)Fulham Fallout Wrote:

I remember those guys, although I didnt travel with them. The guys I knew from the Temple Bar were a few years earlier and very well known from the days of Don Howe/Johnny Giles, always went by train.  They were a handful but I was always glad they were around in those days when every town was called malice!

Or a service station when Albion fans were being attacked by Leeds fans and then Albion’s lunatic coach pulled in to the service station and they all piled off and piled in to Leeds.
I blame the Liquidator.
(04-01-2024, 05:12 PM)Hughie Reed 31 Wrote: Not sure Zulu’s we’re around in 81 more Apex but apart from that
Not too bad start will possibly watch a couple more episodes tonight

Good knowledge.
Just watching the first episode... Their version of Chelmsley looks a hell of a lot more like Castle Vale...

Heartlands spine road (spaceman walking scene) didn't exist in 81... And walking from Chelmsley down there makes zero sense...

It's all feeling a bit mushy to me currently. Hopefully will get better.