Here we go again
(04-28-2024, 10:38 AM)Protheroe Wrote: NHS funding has increased by £100bn since 2010. Regardless of the semantics of how you measure it (and fuck me you all love semantics) that's a huge increase in spend.

1. No it isn't once you account for per patient usage

2. Primary care and social care budgets have been cut in nominal terms, hospital care funding is covering up that but with worse results as primary care is the most efficient use of healthcare resources and hospitals are not hospices.
Regardless of the semantics of how you measure it (and fuck me you all love semantics) that's a huge increase in spend.
You are literally arguing semantics by interpreting nominal healthcare spending on hospital care to justify that healthcare spending has gone up, ignoring that social care and primary care spending have been cut, real terms spending on hospital care is down and per patient spending down.

It is laughable that you are complaining about people arguing about semantics when that is what you're doing, coupled with your usual attempts at gaslighting.
(04-28-2024, 12:02 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: You are literally arguing semantics by interpreting nominal healthcare spending on hospital care to justify that healthcare spending has gone up, ignoring that social care and primary care spending have been cut, real terms spending on hospital care is down and per patient spending down.

It is laughable that you are complaining about people arguing about semantics when that is what you're doing, coupled with your usual attempts at gaslighting.

Plus it's a different, more convoluted way of saying "Well, they're all the same really".
(04-28-2024, 10:38 AM)Protheroe Wrote: I have no skin in the game on this, only the one-eyed would view this as a defence of the Tories.

NHS funding has increased by £100bn since 2010. Regardless of the semantics of how you measure it (and fuck me you all love semantics) that's a huge increase in spend.

We're all agreed (I think) that the NHS is administered pretty much appallingly at national, regional and local level. There's no denying that Wales is as bad if not worse regardless of any real or mythical straitjacket. I've already stated how I like what Wes Streeting has to to say, and that Labour is the only party that stands a chance of meaningful NHS reform if they're able to put the unions in a headlock.

Time will tell, of course - but as my confidence in any meaningful reform is limited  I suspect the best you'll be able to post after the first Labour term will be that the NHS is "not as bad as it was in 2024". And it will probably be costing us all another £50bn.

Thats a pretty fair summary...Tories fuck the NHS up with massive waiting lists, Labour come in and throw money at it, waiting lists reduce. And repeat.

And I completely agree with you re NHS admin needing to do better. This is also the case in local government.On the other hand, there are some incredibly talented  NHS managers (as some on here will agree Big Grin)and same in councils. They would certainly make more money in consultancy or private sector but stick with it as a point of principle.

NHS England has just taken a 40% management cut and CCGs 30%. A lot of these people will be back, under the inevitable Labour NHS reorganisation, quids in. The constant NHS reorganisation isnt helping.

Will Self was good on R4 this morning. Ranting but saying NHS has wrong end of the stick on choice.

Sorry, rambling now.
Except I don’t believe Labour has the option this time of throwing money at the NHS.
We should sell some of the country's gold.
Would rather talk to ChatGPT
(04-29-2024, 07:06 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: We should sell some of the country's gold.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/money/invest...nder-cost/
(04-29-2024, 09:39 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 07:06 AM)CarlosCorbewrong Wrote: We should sell some of the country's gold.

FFS
Fuck the Tories, Fuck Brexit, Fuck Putin & Fuck VAR
(04-29-2024, 09:45 AM)Pontificator Wrote:
(04-29-2024, 09:39 AM)Protheroe Wrote:

FFS

Well it was a stupid fucking question after all  Angel