Here we go again
(04-28-2024, 08:09 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Yes, the Tory party has stopped valuing the NHS by supporting it with a real terms increase in funding of 40% since 2010. Chris Poulter has complained about “how the NHS is run & governed” - I agree with him, has he seen how it’s run in Wales? By his new party?

You’re clearly just parroting Chris Philp who is currently being interviewed on ‘Sunday with Laura Kuensberg’ and who has just made both of those statements.
And once again Proth delivers the message that he has been given without checking a) is it correct (it isn’t) and b) how much is straight flow through to private providers (therefore decreasing the actual amount to the NHS anyway).
He’s still in the WhattsApp group then.
(04-28-2024, 08:22 AM)Old Stroller Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 08:09 AM)Protheroe Wrote: Yes, the Tory party has stopped valuing the NHS by supporting it with a real terms increase in funding of 40% since 2010. Chris Poulter has complained about “how the NHS is run & governed” - I agree with him, has he seen how it’s run in Wales? By his new party?

You’re clearly just parroting Chris Philp who is currently being interviewed on ‘Sunday with Laura Kuensberg’ and who has just made both of those statements.

I'm parroting Dan Poulter FFS, that's what he said. He's right to have concerns about how the NHS is run and governed. Unfortunately the governance is even worse on every measure where it's already run by Labour.

(04-28-2024, 08:27 AM)baggy1 Wrote: And once again Proth delivers the message that he has been given without checking a) is it correct (it isn’t) and b) how much is straight flow through to private providers (therefore decreasing the actual amount to the NHS anyway).

Do you seriously believe that patients care who provides their healthcare?
Would you like to see the waiting list times since your party were in charge? As the election gets closer your replies get ever more aligned to Tory party political lines…

The NHS is being overwhelmed because primary care and social care funding has been cut to the bone, forcing it to use money that is supposed to be spent on hospital care to cover those two areas which it can't do as it's not designed to manage them.

Lansley's reforms have been a complete disaster for healthcare in this country.
(04-28-2024, 08:46 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(04-28-2024, 08:22 AM)Old Stroller Wrote:

I'm parroting Dan Poulter FFS, that's what he said. He's right to have concerns about how the NHS is run and governed. Unfortunately the governance is even worse on every measure where it's already run by Labour.

(04-28-2024, 08:27 AM)baggy1 Wrote: And once again Proth delivers the message that he has been given without checking a) is it correct (it isn’t) and b) how much is straight flow through to private providers (therefore decreasing the actual amount to the NHS anyway).

Do you seriously believe that patients care who provides their healthcare?

I expect that they might

https://www.ox.ac.uk/news/2024-02-29-new...tient-care
Proth in another bout of believe anything that I'm told by the Tory press.

Let's summarise - Tories say they have increased spending on NHS; that translates to they have cut many funding streans which are now lumped into the NHS budget so we'll provide figures just on the NHS rather than the accumulated start point and end point.

They'll also add in the money that goes straight through the NHS to the private health care providers - by Proth's own admission people getting private health care should pay for it through insurance schemes that they take out themselves (he ignores his own point when it comes to who pays the health care provider). And the follow up care from private providers through insurance schemes is pretty shocking - we're having this battle after my wife had a knee op, great before the op, couldn't give a shit afterwards.

And to emphasise his inability to look beyond one point at a time Proth states how badly the Labour run NHS has been despite ignoring the fact of where they actually get their money from and the straightjacket that they have been put in from that.

No doubt Proth will ignore all of this and focus on a minor point which will allow him to distract away from the need to go 'ah fair point'.
"how badly the Labour run NHS has been despite ignoring the fact of where they actually get their money from and the straightjacket that they have been put in from that."

Its a Tory tactic around the world. Fine Gael do exactly the same - banging on about SInn Fein in Northern Ireland. Completely ignoring the fact the piss poor budget allocation can never meet the need, whoever is in charge of it.

They must think that we are as thick as pigshit. But, shall we say, its a false equivalence - another phrase Proth has learned from A level tory politics classes.
I have no skin in the game on this, only the one-eyed would view this as a defence of the Tories.

NHS funding has increased by £100bn since 2010. Regardless of the semantics of how you measure it (and fuck me you all love semantics) that's a huge increase in spend.

We're all agreed (I think) that the NHS is administered pretty much appallingly at national, regional and local level. There's no denying that Wales is as bad if not worse regardless of any real or mythical straitjacket. I've already stated how I like what Wes Streeting has to to say, and that Labour is the only party that stands a chance of meaningful NHS reform if they're able to put the unions in a headlock.

Time will tell, of course - but as my confidence in any meaningful reform is limited I suspect the best you'll be able to post after the first Labour term will be that the NHS is "not as bad as it was in 2024". And it will probably be costing us all another £50bn.