Any comment anyone?
We were tracking below the EU for the entire period Jan 19 thru March 23 so I'm not sure your comment is statistically significant.

Industry seems pretty well prepared for checks on imports. We shall see, won't we?

SOD - Shrill Old Derek - Can you point out, specifically, these £billions that "Brexiteers" have cost Britain?
We are the blue line, the blue line has been above the other two for the entirety of 2023 up to Jan-24 according to that graph, positive rate of change also was higher between Jan-21 and Jan 23 to the point that the gap was eliminated.

And the industry being prepared to deal with shortages doesn't mean costs won't be added on. It's extra red tape as an NTB to trade, red tape adds costs to resolve.
(01-30-2024, 04:34 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: We are the blue line, the blue line has been above the other two for the entirety of 2023 up to Jan-24 according to that graph, positive rate of change also was higher between Jan-21 and Jan 23 to the point that the gap was eliminated.

And the industry being prepared to deal with shortages doesn't mean costs won't be added on. It's extra red tape as an NTB to trade, red tape adds costs to resolve.

I am comparing us the EU, I thought I made that clear by using the phrase "tracking below the EU" - which we were until March 2023.
Are you taking the piss here? Blue line tracking above orange line from Jan-23, blue line with a higher rate of change (steeper gradient) than the orange line from Jan-21 to Jan-23.
I'm looking at a chart where a blue line doesn't go above an orange line until March 2023, where food inflation was consistently running at a greater annualised rate in the EU between Jan 21 - Mar 23. I'm not sure what you're looking at.
Do you understand how rate of change works? Going from a lower point to an equal point indicates a steeper gradient, a steeper gradient indicates a higher rate of change.
(01-30-2024, 06:35 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Do you understand how rate of change works? Going from a lower point to an equal point indicates a steeper gradient, a steeper gradient indicates a higher rate of change.

Between Jan-Mar 2023. When the rate of change reverts to to a similar path to the EU.

And from a lower base, as food was (and is) generally cheaper in the UK.
(01-31-2024, 08:33 AM)Protheroe Wrote:
(01-30-2024, 06:35 PM)Borin' Baggie Wrote: Do you understand how rate of change works? Going from a lower point to an equal point indicates a steeper gradient, a steeper gradient indicates a higher rate of change.

Between Jan-Mar 2023. When the rate of change reverts to to a similar path to the EU.

And from a lower base, as food was (and is) generally cheaper in the UK.

No, from July 2021 and July 2022. Look at the gradients, the orange line is steeper. Smooth it out with a moving average and the trend becomes more obvious.

Going from a lower base to an equal level isn't a good thing, that suggests a higher rate of increase when factoring the overall curve from January 2021 to January 2023, not to mention the trend of tracking above the EU and eurozone for the most of last year - though with a similar gradient from July 2023.
Happy to give a lesson in interpreting graphs and data Proth - just say the word.

Bloody sink estate comps!
Someone could have been killed